If you had 1000$ what would you buy?

Daniel Acuña

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If that's your budget I'd go with a 50mm f1.8 and just do without the wider FOV. I shoot a lot with just the 50mm because I like the character and it's not that long really on S35. Somewhere between normal and portrait, which I think is a good combo.

So I finally made a list of what I might buy (I hope it won't change)

So I am planning on buying a GX7 with a Mitakon Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Camera Lens Turbo Adapter Mark I and a Nikon 28mm f2.8 AIS

So the only concerns I have now is how good is the Mitakon lens turbo? are there any other options (apart from Metabones), I heard of th RJ lens turbo but I don't know if it is better, or should I take an other one with a different mount (Nikon mount)?

I know that I have to buy an adapter for the lens (Nikon F to Canon EOS Camera), I just hope it won't create any problem. 

So what do you think?

Thank you

By recommendation from Andy I purchased the Mitakon Turbo / Canon>MFT ( I have a G6 camera).

I use the Mitakon with a C/Y>EF adapter for my Yashica ML lenses and it works just fine.

When using the Mitakon with my Yashica lenses wide open though, - especially the 28mm lens, - the picture gets rather soft in the corners. I´m not an expert on the subject, but in my experience the wider vintage lenses you use, the softer the corners are wide open and this will be intensified when using a speedbooster, that being a Mitakon, RJ, or Metabones.

Just got a used Metabones Speedbooster/C/Y>MFT, but have not got the time to compare it to the Mitakon.

I have also tested the Mitakon with my Sigma 18-35mm Art lens, - excellent results. 

The Mitakon is a very good option IMO.

If that's your budget I'd go with a 50mm f1.8 and just do without the wider FOV. I shoot a lot with just the 50mm because I like the character and it's not that long really on S35. Somewhere between normal and portrait, which I think is a good combo.

Yes, I guess I'll do that and go with the 50mm but which one would you recommend, some versions to avoid? I also saw this 35mm 2.8 is it any good? https://www.keh.com/220853/nikon-35mm-f-2-8-ai-manual-focus-lens-52

Thank you.

Yes, I guess I'll do that and go with the 50mm but which one would you recommend, some versions to avoid? I also saw this 35mm 2.8 is it any good? https://www.keh.com/220853/nikon-35mm-f-2-8-ai-manual-focus-lens-52

Thank you.

Personally I'd want a faster 35mm than f2.8. I have the 35mm f2 AF-D, which I like a lot (about $300 though). It's not built as well as the AI lenses, but the 35mm f2 AI-S gets mixed reviews so I went with this one, which Bjorn Rorslett preferred (his site is an excellent resource for Nikkor glass: http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html).

Any of the 50mm 1.8 AI-S should be very good. I stay away from the Series E stuff, though the 50mm and 135mm are probably OK. I have the non-pancake 50mm AI-S, which is lovely.

THB if I was in your situation I'd probably consider just going for the GX7 with Panasonic 20mm f1.7.

I think you can get about a hundred different suggestions, and they will all be covered by our preferences/shooting habits :)

Anyway, for a thousand total budget, I would probably go for the lx100 + a couple of nd filters. I am partial to better low light performance, which you would get with this over the fz1000 (the chip is bigger plus the lens is faster), but it has limitations around profiles, lack of audio in etc. I know it was brought up that it has a limited focal range, but you can add a bit onto that if you shoot in 4K and output in 1080p, which allows you to crop in post (to in essence do a zoom).

The good news is that there are many good options, and if some of you feel the bmpc is the best choice, or the gx7, that is great too! :)

Personally if I had $1000 in budget for camera + $150 for lens as you have mentioned, I'd either do as tosvus say:

1) Get LX100 with an allround lens bundled with the camera,

or

2) just buy the cheapest camera that has good quality video & photo mode - like Panasonic G6. Then I'd spend the rest of the money on lenses and other equipment.