Looking to get an anamorphic around $500.

note235

I'm read threads at RU, DVXuser and here. 
Looking to get a relatively cheap anamorphic adapter for around $500.
It seems that the Kowa 8Z and its alternatives is a good bet. 

I've seen others that are projection style but the EOSHD book states that they should be avoided.

Is that still true?

Essentially avoid this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321535626176?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm read threads at RU, DVXuser and here. 
Looking to get a relatively cheap anamorphic adapter for around $500.
It seems that the Kowa 8Z and its alternatives is a good bet. 

I've seen others that are projection style but the EOSHD book states that they should be avoided.

Is that still true?

Essentially avoid this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321535626176?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

May I ask you what camera you have? maybe there will be more options for you.

IMO, basically 16D & 16H have no difference of optics in terms of quality or sharpness, because they are made by KOWA.  But in projector lenses world, widest is king, has more value.  So 16H > ISCO integrated > 16A-B-C-D-F-S....

IMO, basically 16D & 16H have no difference of optics in terms of quality or sharpness, because they are made by KOWA.  But in projector lenses world, widest is king, has more value.  So 16H > ISCO integrated > 16A-B-C-D-F-S....

What does the letters stand for, do you know?

Is it just to mark how wide the lens would go? And is it similar or exactly the same for all the other anamorphic? (Sankor 16c vs 16f for an example, compare to Kowa 16-H and the others)

no - there are some very very good projection lenses by Schneider and Isco - optically they are $5000 lenses new

so check them out they are cheap on ebay in your budget

Schneider integrated cinelux and isco integrated ultra star - goth great small lenses

+1 They have some drawbacks but the Isco optics are unmatched. Just make sure they're the smaller kind- ask for size and weight if not listed on eBay.

What does the letters stand for, do you know?

Is it just to mark how wide the lens would go? And is it similar or exactly the same for all the other anamorphic? (Sankor 16c vs 16f for an example, compare to Kowa 16-H and the others)

No idea.  I guess just starting from A.  

No idea.  I guess just starting from A.  

Sorry I was just confused because you said this in the post above