ChatGPT grilled on camera industry knowledge

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

SpikeReid_Realistic_photo_of_a_photograp

Clearly overhyped, but with strong long term potential to destroy the planet, AI natural language chatbots have taken 2023 by storm. I admit, it's an entertaining spectacle.

They're fantastic at certain things and it's nice to see a new type of tool born, but I can't help feeling it is capable of wildly fantasying about things that never happened. I also think there is no way a large company like Microsoft or Google will truly let this technology off the hook and it will be incredibly heavily censored. This means first prize in AI will go to a startup and you better sell your Google shares right now.

But should you trust it? EOSHD sets out to find out, by putting it through a camera nerd exam.

https://www.eoshd.com/news/hows-ais-camera-knowledge-unhinged-chatgpt-stalks-eoshd-and-makes-up-controversies

(It doesn't go well)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

So, I asked it the same questions about you being involved in controversies, hoping that maybe you calling it a lying prick might have had some effect.

And...well.

2132134314_ScreenShot2023-02-24at15_25_31.png.dbd6c3371d64a71f3b0de057de8e31b6.png

So, it seems to have dropped the 1DC theft allegation but when pressed further for other controversies, it replied with this..

1130135097_ScreenShot2023-02-24at15_25_52.png.9812459fb3222c4e3281d5d242cdbbe8.png

So you are apparently a fraudster, a racist and a sex pest.

I honestly don't know where you get the time 😉 

Pressed further for sources, it came up with the same bogus link shit.

1439777718_ScreenShot2023-02-24at15_26_07.png.a8a6053a4ff433645d4624e79330936b.png

I then asked it what role EOSHD had in the R5 controversy and it came back with a decent summation.

675096245_ScreenShot2023-02-24at15_28_05.png.e881522c414be7191495be42a8961de4.png

When pressed further though about whether an app was created in pursuit of the testing, it confirmed it was but then went off into fantasy land about what it did and it being sold on here 

726138142_ScreenShot2023-02-24at15_29_00.png.101afd20a97c4e5c10078d846dda7419.png

I've got to say that this is horrendous.

It blatantly makes stuff up about someone then when the subject of those accusations corrects the record (which should make it smarter) it then immediately pivots and starts making up totally different shit about them.

Who the fuck is this "intelligence" actually modelled on?

Boris Johnson by the looks of it.

The 2020 allegation is interesting as it clearly just randomly tying anything controversial in the camera industry with you as I think we can both guess what that one is about based on a recent settlement.

I'm surprised it didn't blame you for the M8 sensor debacle...

"Reid is well known for pouring cold water on camera manufacturer's hype and it is believed that the sensors in the Leica M8  began to rust due to this ingress of liquid from Reid."

• Administrators

This was the answer when I asked again after training it!

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 15.39.29.png

48 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Who the fuck is this "intelligence" actually modelled on?

Boris Johnson by the looks of it.

🙂

It is interesting in that it won't write a naughty poem about Trump, but it will write all this about me.

Some "fine tuning" needed?!!

• Super Members
37 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

It is interesting in that it won't write a naughty poem about Trump, but it will write all this about me.

It doesn't mind discussing the controversial racist and sexist article you supposedly wrote about him though

866682632_ScreenShot2023-02-24at17_18_24.png.fd0e2ef92f7987528a5c818a0fcf0be2.png.

While all this is obviously a bit ridiculous (and people will jump in to say its not really meant to be 'intelligent') the huge issue here is that ChatGPT has already got a lot of traction with the wider public as a more intelligent search engine and just as people's social media is now scoured by prospective employers or contract granting decision makers they will now use ChatGPT.

Good luck with you getting any deals with your apparent track record that they will be presented with !

On 2/24/2023 at 2:41 PM, Andrew Reid said:

SpikeReid_Realistic_photo_of_a_photograp

Clearly overhyped, but with strong long term potential to destroy the planet, AI natural language chatbots have taken 2023 by storm. I admit, it's an entertaining spectacle.

They're fantastic at certain things and it's nice to see a new type of tool born, but I can't help feeling it is capable of wildly fantasying about things that never happened. I also think there is no way a large company like Microsoft or Google will truly let this technology off the hook and it will be incredibly heavily censored. This means first prize in AI will go to a startup and you better sell your Google shares right now.

But should you trust it? EOSHD sets out to find out, by putting it through a camera nerd exam.

https://www.eoshd.com/news/hows-ais-camera-knowledge-unhinged-chatgpt-stalks-eoshd-and-makes-up-controversies

(It doesn't go well)

Good points, from what I have seen from the Innovation industry, they are letting start-ups have their share and fun through several innovation plattforms and then simply just buy the best ones, so I can't help but believe that some of the big players, Microsoft or Tesla, will benefit the most. Sadly I have no money to invest anyway, though 😄  

1 hour ago, kaylee said:

where we can't tell the difference between AI propaganda and human propaganda 😳

I’m not sure that really matters. What we really should fear is when humanity is bereft of the ability to distinguish between propaganda - irrespective of the source - and useful, factual information.

And, possibly worse, lacking in any apparent desire to be able to differentiate between the two.

• 3 weeks later...

You know how for many years we've had "next word prediction" on our cellphones when you're typing out a txt? So instead of typing out a whole word you could just tap the new word itself, if the phone got the prediction right (which it often enough did). 

ChatGPT is simply that. But on steroids x1000. (& doing entire essay long responses as the prediction based on the prompt, rather than just one word at a time)

Anyway, try this out again on GPT4 now! Just came out yesterday, and it is a lot better. 

• Administrators

Does GPT4 still think I sold a faulty 1D C to Dan Chung and murdered seven of Philip Bloom's beloved kittens?

In fact try it for yourself - ask "what controversies has the filmmaker Andrew Reid of EOSHD been involved in"?

It's hilarious what it comes out with.

Just one of many many reasons never to trust AI.

17 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

In fact try it for yourself - ask "what controversies has the filmmaker Andrew Reid of EOSHD been involved in"?

With ChatGPT (using the GPT4 model) I got:

As of my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021, Andrew Reid, the filmmaker behind the popular camera and filmmaking blog EOSHD, has not been involved in any major controversies. However, it's important to note that my information might be outdated, and it's possible that he has been involved in controversies since then.

Reid is known for his opinions, reviews, and advice on various cameras and filmmaking techniques, as well as his active presence on social media. While some of his opinions may be divisive, they don't necessarily rise to the level of a controversy. It is always best to do up-to-date research and fact-check any new information you come across.

I tried it again, maybe I was just unlucky that first time, and got this:

As an AI language model, I do not have real-time information, and my knowledge was last updated in 2021. As of then, there weren't any significant controversies surrounding Andrew Reid, the filmmaker behind EOSHD (EOS HD Video). Reid is known for his work in the field of DSLR video and his contributions to the online filmmaking community. EOSHD is a popular blog and forum focused on DSLR video, mirrorless cameras, and cinematography.

However, it's essential to keep in mind that controversies and public opinions can change quickly. I recommend checking the latest news and sources to get the most current information about Andrew Reid and any potential controversies he may have been involved in since 2021.

• 2 weeks later...