Is there a new Blackmagic camera coming?

Anaconda_

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

The usual suspects of things I think people would like to see, so maybe ...

P4K Pro?

8K Ursa?

Box version of P4K/P6K ?

It could also be an updated version of the Micro Studio Camera or even a PTZ version.

The ATEM stuff is very popular so the latter two would find a ready market.

As for the ATEM update, it could well be 4K versions of the current Minis.

Having said that, I bought an ATEM Mini Extreme ISO last week so I am expecting a severe kick in the nuts of it being slashed in price 🙂 

It's incredible that blackmagic has created these workhorse cameras - i see them everywhere. And i would not have thought so when the cams were released.

Let's see if there are any real innovation. From my side i would love to have a global shutter and a better formfactor.

• Super Members

50 minutes in and there has been a new camera revealed which is a 6K version of the Studio Camera with internal ND.

It records BRAW to external drives though so thats quite interesting.

Not sure if there is another one to come later in the show.

1 minute ago, newfoundmass said:

Are the studio cameras essentially just the pocket cameras but with added broadcast features? I've always kinda been confused about the two. Why wouldn't you purchase the broadcast camera over a pocket camera then?

Studio cameras have no battery and no internal storage. Kind of a shame as I actually do like the studio camera form factor for tripod shoots.

Anyways this presentation was a total snooze fest for non-broadcast shooters.

• Super Members
14 hours ago, Snowfun said:

Astonishing what this stuff is capable of. And equally astonishing how cheap they can sell it.

Its jaw dropping really.

Even if you go for the ISO version and go absolutely mad and get eight of the 6K cameras it is just over £21K, which is incredible for what you are getting.

Bringing in the camera output over the internet (and being able to control them even down to switching the ND!) moves it on even another notch.

Those modular 4 input mic box to MADI converters are also very impressive considering that they then give this new ATEM an internal (up to) 16 input digital console with EQ and Dynamics on every channel.

You can achieve something similar with the ATEM Mini as it also has the Fairlight engine built in but its a ball ache and you end up with a rats nest of additional cables and boxes.

22 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Just watching the live stream and he does confirm a new camera is coming up later in the presentation.

It will be upcoming after this extremely awkward "I didn't think this one through properly" presentation of the new ATEM where he is attempting to drive the panel from behind.

1548658966_ScreenShot2023-02-23at19_20_43.png.deef846dc9f138f458c7e25f62a7c787.png

Ah the ol’ reach around from down under