Selling on "grey imports"

zenpmd

I am about to buy the a7s for stills (not much of a serious video person, even though I browse this site!), primarily because of low noise, silent shutter and reliable AF. Its a great reportage camera. The super high ISO means lenses like the 35mm 2.8 become usable in all conditions!

I am getting it from Panamosz like a number of you have, and I am fine with all the minor things you have to put up with. But what are the consequences if I want to sell? Obviously it will sell for less than a UK version but on ebay I cant see any grey imports, presumably as its against their rules. Just want to get an idea of resale value/ channels - especially as a key reason to be comforted as the orginal grey import purchaser is that you get the warranty from the seller where the next purchase will have nothing. Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Actually, it does happen, and happens quite often. The practice apparently is a bit dodgy; the customs form won't be the most honest bit of paperwork you'll ever see. I mentioned factoring 20% in case a) the package gets intercepted and b) Panamoz doesn't honour the no-VAT bit.