A7s simultaneous monitor/EVF with HDMI? How to?

Alex Mand

Hi guys.

It's my first shooting with this cam on a set, actually I'm still working with the MK3. I'm testing the camera and trying to use the camera monitor/EVF and a external HDMI monitor but that's no option for mirroring the image. Well, turns out that when I plug the cable, the image shows only on the external monitor disabling the evf and the internal monitor.

I'm looking for something on the menu, but there's no info on mirroring so both can work.

I need to send something to the director and without the external monitor, this camera is pretty useless to me.

there's nothing on the manual regarding this issue.

Anyone solved the problem? :(

thanks!

post-16974-0-16126300-1412293461_thumb.j

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

What is your setting for viewing? (Auto / monitor / viewfinder)

I don't own a monitor but when I record my a7s with the atomos ninja, I put that option on Monitor...otherwise the image is only in the EVF of the camera. 

That's the problem. When I plug the hmdi cable, it disables the option for monitor/viewfinder.

I'm trying every single option, searching for something...

No deal yet.

EDIT: Actually found it, sort of. Just turn off HDMI info .Display inside the HDMI settings and the image appears on the external monitor.

But there's a catch: you can't review the footage on both displays, only on the external display.

Real bummer.

Found this somewhere else, haven't tried it yet but...

Go to HDMI Settings on the last menu group and once you select that you'll see HDMI Info Display. Turn that off. That will put the video on your monitor without the info, but the LCD will still work and it will have all the info on it.

Found this somewhere else, haven't tried it yet but...

Go to HDMI Settings on the last menu group and once you select that you'll see HDMI Info Display. Turn that off. That will put the video on your monitor without the info, but the LCD will still work and it will have all the info on it.

yeah man, I've found it, but it's a hassle only review the footage on the external monitor. The client and the director will be a little far from the camera... I don't know why I can't review it on both monitors. Simply dumb thing...

• 4 years later...