Interview with Panasonic - raw HDMI output may be coming to future GH4 firmware plus anamorphic aspect ratios in firmware V2.0

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Great stuff.

I've noticed the 4KPHOTO modes are only available in the Movie shooting mode (i.e. position of the dial), not in C1, C2 or C3... In those modes the menu option appears, but one cannot select an aspect ratio.

I sure hope they enable 24 FPS in these modes. It will make the GH4 an even more powerful amazing little machine.

I've found that with an ISCO 2x Ultra Star Mini that a 28mm Nikkor Prime doesn't vignette with PhotoMode set to 1:1.

Using a FD Speed Booster, FD 35mm lens and the ISCO 2X, I get no vignetting in 1:1 PhotoMode. Same setup but 28mm lens I get just a touch of vignetting.

(FD 28mm + Speed Booster on GH4 in UHD 4K is a 44mm full-frame equivalent,

FD 35mm + Speed Booster on GH4 in UHD 4K is a 55mm full-frame equivalent)

- Rob.

Roberto...Jesus Christ is all I can say...Those from what I have googled are $3K lenses.  Are there more inexpensive alternatives that produce similar cinematic quality...that is filmic as all hell.  I'm speechless. 

Thanks, Jason. I said the same thing when I first shot with them too. I thought this sort of look was out of reach for us DSLR shooters.

Andrew, our fearless EOSHD leader here, can answer your question best. He first brought out the idea of coupling LOMO ana lenses to GH1s way back in 2011, and got a lot of us excited. Back then a LOMO in reasonable condition was reasonably priced, I bought my 35mm squarefront for $500. Since then, however, prices have gone way up, and a good LOMO lens/set is still hard to find.

Thanks, Jason. I said the same thing when I first shot with them too. I thought this sort of look was out of reach for us DSLR shooters.

Andrew, our fearless EOSHD leader here, can answer your question best. He first brought out the idea of coupling LOMO ana lenses to GH1s way back in 2011, and got a lot of us excited. Back then a LOMO in reasonable condition was reasonably priced, I bought my 35mm squarefront for $500. Since then, however, prices have gone way up, and a good LOMO lens/set is still hard to find.

A Lomo for $500, i'm so jealous!   The only ones I can find on ebay are $4500-$7500 a piece now. Talk about a great investment.