Nikon D750 review - initial thoughts and real-world footage - ladies and gentleman we have a contender!

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Just began reading this thread - does this continually AF in video mode, and if so, how does that compare with the 70d (not IQ wise obviously).

Thanks!

Might have to ditch the 5d3 + Canon glass and flip over to the dark side.  Why can't Canon release a FF camera with 60p video and a flippy screen?

C-AF in video is not the D750's strong point. The 70D is still much faster.

Can I do a "push" to focus while recording?  Like AF-On?  Just be nice to be able to do that.  I don't think Nikon has any lenses that are like Canon's STM models - even if it won't quickly follow a subject around I'd like it to have some limited AF ability.  Manual focus gets harder when you get older...:)

Great review Andrew!

Question for you (and others who have handled this body): you touch on the build quality briefly, but I'm wondering - is it better feeling than the D610? I find my D610 to feel quite plasticky, especially on the front panel, which occasionally squeaks if I'm holding it awkwardly. I can see in the product images that the panel is redesigned on the 750, and I know the monocoque construction is new, but does it, for lack of a better way to put it, "inspire confidence"?