FM lens discount

Cosimo murgolo

Juan Le, I don't disagree with your opinion, which is very logical, and very well stated. But it is my personal opinion-experience (please permit me that, after being active in the market for 31-32 years now), that in similar cases of such a massive order, the market works like that: if for a group of 5-10 people I will offer a 10%, then for 18-20 people I will offer more than this. Even something small, to show to them how much I appreciate doing business with them.

As I explained already, it is not a matter of €20 (for most of us), it is a matter of respect and appreciation to that large group of people who, in my first steps as business and as an inventor, they will support me that much. This is it for me, so simple, logical, fair.

If a similar large group will come to me and tell me that they want my product, for such a massive sale, me, personally, I will work like this:

10% & free shipping. Which is better to me as a business than to give 15% discount. I asked for a total of €500 net price for each unit & that's all. This is not negativity, as you said, but how the real market works. Everywhere on planet earth. For other planets I don't know.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well I think the negativity stems from your dissatisfaction that contradicts everyone else's thought on the product and the price; some people would even gladly pay more for it, that is how fair the price seem to be for many. 

This product fill a niche, but it's not that obscure of a niche. The anamorphic community is a large one, this one at EOSHD is a significant part of that community, but it's not the only one. I don't think the anamorphic shop need to "cater" to us anymore than what they've already done, delivering a solid product for a reasonable price in relative to what's out there.

And as per business and business practice, what you've said is still very subjective. It's great that you think about your customers and would offer them a dynamic offer if you were them, but this isn't your product and you should respect that boundary. How would you feel if someone is telling you how to run your own business?

just remember in 6 months time these might be worth half the price you are paying now  and no one has tried one on this forum yet.

I think  all the double focus anamorphics that work with FM will be more expensive.

FM will keep his price.

Just my opinion Andy and by the way the olympus 100mm you suggested is working great.

Thanks

If you made something for 300, what do you think is a reasonable mark up, does it depend on what it is, how rare, how useful, if you where only adding 30% 18% discount would be a big hit, if it was 200 - 300% it becomes a little easier to discount, but the order numbers would need to be larger also.

Hi, thanks for the link.

One problem though, I closed my FB account so can't communicate with the guy who makes these. His website also isn't up and running so no info at all about when these will ship... there's also no info on which lenses in that photo for FM that are 1.5x.

Shipping date will be announced here so no problem for that.

once their website is open you can check and ask all the infos.

Thanks

Um, what's with the Austrians?
I think the maker of this lens is a Lithuanian bloke, based in London.
Or that's just a name for that theory isn't it?

lol, I don't think Austria has anything to do with these lenses. :P It's a school of economic thought. So you have Keynesians who believe they can artificially fix inefficiencies in the market, and then you have "Austrians", who believe that in a free market, eventually stuff becomes efficient on its own. So a person from an Austrian school of thought would say " go ahead, price this lens at whatever price you want. $2,000 for all I care. Eventually the price will gravitate towards a proper price dictated by the market".

The price cant always gravitate to what the people want if you hav to rely on outside suppliers to machine your parts, shipping costs for said parts assembly etc. it's difficult to get right, Red Scarlet's price point was 3k...it never happened, but others are now making decent alternatives for under 3k but how long do you have to wait it out. I waited 3yrs for that and a few years have passed since, but hey finally some options are available.

with niche items it takes a certain person to go ahead and actually develop and manufacture such things.  There are a million ideas men, only 100 of them have the balls to put money into those ideas rather than sitting in an office with a manager dictating their success., and only 10 of those 100 have the ability to put everything in motion and actually deliver such items.  

We're a limited market and should be thankful someone is going through with this!  Most people spend their money on new mobile phones and eating out / drinking themselves to death in order to forget their boring lives.  If these things weren't being made, we'd be doing the same as the masses.