FM lens discount

Cosimo murgolo

Guys you can say whatever you want, but personally I'm out of this already. I will repeat: 18 guys are going to buy at once this product as soon as it will be available and just a 10% discount? For a massive order of 18? (if not more)? This should be at least 15% (if not more). Some respect to the power of market it is advised. It is also important for me, and I enjoy it giving my money, at those who are also respecting me and my pocket (especially now days that market suffers) and not just giving an answer like: "this is it, take or leave it". Now days, anamorphic sales are 50% down, so I'm sorry but, when you make an anamorphic lens (the VM 1.5x) and you can sell it for €170, it is not possible not to give an also good discount price for the FM lens... You guys some of you want to buy it? Do it. But soon this lens will be bought for much less. That's the market now days and I will personally follow. Even Iscorama is 30 to 40% down since the last 5-6 months!... From €2700++, they now sell for €1700 to €1800 (& less than those prices!!!)... So??? That's all from me.

Yannis you are out because they don't want have nothing to do with you and your proposals, I have been informed from anamorphic shop that you wrote them.

Thanks for let me know anyway! :angry:

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yannis you are out because they don't want have nothing to do with you and your proposals, I have been informed from anamorphic shop that you wrote them.

Thanks for let me know anyway! :angry:

They don't want???  I'm afraid that they didn't told you the truth: I made clear to them that personally I'm not interested under these conditions. I'm sorry that I don't follow but I have made my statement clear enough already...

They don't want???  I'm afraid that they didn't told you the truth: I made clear to them that personally I'm not interested under these conditions. I'm sorry that I don't follow but I have made my statement clear enough already...

for your respect I don't want to public the email you sent to anamorphic shop on this forum, just stay out of this man as you could ruin what I did achieve in these months for others interesting in the 10%.

thank you!

Comurit, I can clearly remember that some people in this forum felt on you and they criticised you, that behind your kind move to work for all of us to have the discount, that you were trying to take profit for you personally... I supported your move and as I have said already, that was great. But, for my opinion the 10% is small in front of our massive interest. Let's see what the price of this lens will be after one month, if nobody will buy... And if the seller will not beg this community to buy his product in even lower price... That's how the market works. 

Well they could have said NO to the discount, their pricing strategy is completely up to them. Just because other manufacturers tend to give group offerst doesn't mean they should be obliged to do it as well.
I expected the price way under £400 but I would feel silly writing them letters to lower it down. At the end of the day, giving 10% is like offering free shipping and that's better than nothing. Although they should be happy too because they get eager beta testers without any Kickstarter campaign and good marketing. Hopefully everyone wins at the end.

Well they could have said NO to the discount, their pricing strategy is completely up to them. Just because other manufacturers tend to give group offerst doesn't mean they should be obliged to do it as well.
I expected the price way under £400 but I would feel silly writing them letters to lower it down. At the end of the day, giving 10% is like offering free shipping and that's better than nothing. Although they should be happy too because they get eager beta testers without any Kickstarter campaign and good marketing. Hopefully everyone wins at the end.

Me too I was expecting a lowered price, and you know something, in many countries (including many european ones), €515 is a monthly salary... While in UK, or Netherlands, or Germany, the monthly salary is 3-4 times more than this... You want a massive sale or just to sell some pieces? And exactly as it is a beta copy, the discount should be better than the one is offered for such a massive sale.

Comurit, I can clearly remember that some people in this forum felt on you and they criticised you, that behind your kind move to work for all of us to have the discount, that you were trying to take profit for you personally... I supported your move and as I have said already, that was great. But, for my opinion the 10% is small in front of our massive interest. Let's see what the price of this lens will be after one month, if nobody will buy... And if the seller will not beg this community to buy his product in even lower price... That's how the market works. 

Yannis 10% is better than nothing at the moment, and for me and the others it's fine.

I have told you that I've tried to get the best I could.

I did support you as well if you remember well when someone was attacking you about your anamorphic lens been overpriced, you remember that?

Come on let's not be childish, let the market go where it wants to go.

Maybe you are right, I respect your decision anyway not to buy now, maybe in a month you will get a better price.

But please respect mine and the others as well.

Cheers!

Okay Comurit, I'm just out of this and that's all guys. Sorry but I can't follow under these conditions

There's no point in you buying one anyway.  Other than for the obvious point that you'll just try to relist it on ebay for an unrealistic price at a later date like we see from you all the time.  The reason you don't like the setup is because their mentality is a 'fair days work for a fair days pay'.  Improving the community by actually producing something innovative, niche and well priced.  Yours on the other hand just takes from the community by pilfering the market then spamming with ebay adverts of the relisted, usually over priced goods.  This activity only serves to inflate prices of anamorphics making them inaccessible to most people here (I imagine you;ve probably sniped most of us here at one point or another).  You very rarely contribute anything else.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/ioannis-aix  You have multiple copies of lenses for sale meaning your purpose is resale rather than collection or use.  

From now on I'll be watching your contributions here more closely.  As a moderator I'll be hoping to see at least one helpful thread or post from you for every ebay link you post.  Hows that?  Lets make this place productive and creative rather than a place of business!  

From now on I'll be watching your contributions here more closely.  As a moderator I'll be hoping to see at least one helpful thread or post from you for every ebay link you post.  Hows that?  Lets make this place productive and creative rather than a place of business!  

Hmmm, I smell something here... Mr. moderator. You've being given some power and you use it quite well...

I'm afraid that you are not watching my posts closely enough to really see if I contribute one way or another in the forum or not.

And I also afraid that you are talking for your self and not for me:

it is not me who's buying a $10 Helios and resell it for $220+ ... Is this what you mean when you're talking about "unrealistic prices"?

Since when you are able to predict if someone is gonna keep the lens for his personal use or not? Shake your head a little.

What is your problem when somebody is buying a lens (I'm talking for this famous sale of mine, of the SLR Anamorphot), then he doesn't like it and he resell it?

I think I was clear enough that I was interested in one piece of the FM lens and only.

WHO ARE YOU predicting what we will do with our buyings? Are you the same way with your girlfriend too? You lock her in the room so to be sure that your "predictions" will not become in real?

Do you remember your statement with my SLR Anamorphot sale? I will remind you: you were saying that the lens was a beta copy and I was trying to fool people by trying to sell it like it was the final copy... That was so pathetic. At the same moment that in my sale was clearly stated that I had the invoice that proves that the lens was the final copy... It seems that, or you have a reason behind all this behaviour or you are just an idiot. There's no other explanation. Without any proof you were spoiling somebody's reputation and you were just proving your personal complex. You were spreading lies around, for me man. Do you remember? And you continue doing the same right now... as a real idiot you continue spoiling others. It is also pathetic you know when you are using the moderator role. Does this role makes you believe that you are "someone", maybe? What you will do Mr moderator and what do you mean when you say "you'll watch me more closely", Mr Big Brother? I got afraid already you know...

Enough said. No more time for idiots.

Hmmm, I smell something here... Mr. moderator. You've being given some power and you use it quite well...

I'm afraid that you are not watching my posts closely enough to really see if I contribute one way or another in the forum or not.

And I also afraid that you are talking for your self and not for me:

it is not me who's buying a $10 Helios and resell it for $220+ ... Is this what you mean when you're talking about "unrealistic prices"?

Since when you are able to predict if someone is gonna keep the lens for his personal use or not? Shake your head a little.

What is your problem when somebody is buying a lens (I'm talking for this famous sale of mine, of the SLR Anamorphot), then he doesn't like it and he resell it?

I think I was clear enough that I was interested in one piece of the FM lens and only.

WHO ARE YOU predicting what we will do with our buyings? Are you the same way with your girlfriend too? You lock her in the room so to be sure that your "predictions" will not become in real?

Do you remember your statement with my SLR Anamorphot sale? I will remind you: you were saying that the lens was a beta copy and I was trying to fool people by trying to sell it like it was the final copy... That was so pathetic. At the same moment that in my sale was clearly stated that I had the invoice that proves that the lens was the final copy... It seems that, or you have a reason behind all this behaviour or you are just an idiot. There's no other explanation. Without any proof you were spoiling somebody's reputation and you were just proving your personal complex. You were spreading lies around, for me man. Do you remember? And you continue doing the same right now... as a real idiot you continue spoiling others. It is also pathetic you know when you are using the moderator role. Does this role makes you believe that you are "someone", maybe? What you will do Mr moderator and what do you mean when you say "you'll watch me more closely", Mr Big Brother? I got afraid already you know...

Enough said. No more time for idiots.

Keep going and you will be banned.  

we've lived with dual focus anamorphics for quite a long time.I dont know whats the rush in all this.

Please do a proper release, send some pre production unit to Andrew Reid and/or another DP and then, If the unit is good (i dont see why not) people will buy it because the price is good with or withiut discount,

I don't like acting this way, it is not in my character and I have nothing against anybody.

I publicly apologise to all, including richg101, even that he's not correct over me,

starting at that time with my SLR sale, and about his today's statement against me.

And again: I wanted to try this lens, but I still believe that seller has to respect us more as a community.

IT IS NOT the 15 or 20 euros the problem, it is the respect that I was expecting from him, and for a lens

that we don't know yet what it will be.

Premini's post is very correct.

If you want to talk respect, I think it's a matter of respecting the market and the product, over whether or not you are in a position to be making a good deal on a potential purchase. Yannis, the way you expressed your desire to further lower the cost of these products was negatively perceived because you were coming from a perspective of entitlement and cynicism/pessimism. Is the seller not respecting us by only giving a 10% discount to a bulk order? That is entirely subjective, I do not think it's appropriate to pursue this objectively. 

People that respect the market for these kind of products aren't outraged because they understand the value of a product like this. They understand how much something like an Iscorama cost, and what the alternatives to it would cost. So when product like the FM is released, that doesn't cost $4k, 2k, 1k, those that understand and respect the market will adhere to any price range that deemed reasonable by the majority. The people in this thread that opted in for the sale obviously believe in the product, and know that for the feature they were getting that would be a really good deal. They believed it because demos were provided and nothing were hidden; no one would buy this product if they didn't see what it was capable of first, and we were given that.

I agree that more demo would be nice, and a review from somebody reputable would be excellent. But that's not possible yet and that is why I didn't opt in for the bulk purchase, even while fully understanding the value that this product can bring. I just need to see it in action by someone like Andrew before I could be committed to a product so new by a company that is equally as new. So I see where you are coming from Yannis, I just think you could have expressed it in better terms. I hope my criticism isn't too harsh.

I am excited to see you all get your hand on it and share your opinion of it so that I may be making a sure and fully informed purchase in the future. Let put all doubts aside and be excited and hopeful for this piece of technology; let be more optimistic! 

Cheers,