FM lens discount

Cosimo murgolo

I will suggest a €500 total including the shipping. Of course before any purchase, we need to see the final image that comes from it, something like a review. Seller must provide a nice detailed video of how the FM lens will work.

I don't think it will be possible yannis, they are just started out a business, it was already hard to get a 10% discount.

They are not B&H that can afford 50% discount free shipment and a cappuccino, come on guys.

An expert on this forum which I had the pleasure to talk on the phone told me that the price it's very low, he was quite surprised how they managed to keep the price so down like this.

I agree with you with the rest, thanks.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I was amazed by the price before discount and think it's pretty good of them to offer any discount considering most of their market reside here anyway!!!

They will of had to order glass and metal manufacturing of 200 units or more to get the price to make their sale price viable.  That's an awful lot of risk they're taking on board for a niche product. 

As far as image quality is concerned...  Come on guys.  Stop worrying - it's not hard to make two singlets of specific focal lengths, one of crown, one of flint so they correct each other.  I imagine it would be harder to get the optics wrong than get them right.  The fact that they've gone into manufacture of the glass will tell you it'll be worth it.    They've showed more than enough proof of the image quality in tests.  If they were asking £3000 I'd be a lot more critical but let's get realistic here.  even if the optics degrade the cinelux resolving power by half, it's still gonna be delivering 4k resolutions.

I don't think it will be possible yannis, they are just started out a business, it was already hard to get a 10% discount.

They are not B&H that can afford 50% discount free shipment and a cappuccino, come on guys.

Look, we will be a nice bunch of guys that will immediately buy from them a bunch of lenses, which is an important reason for an extra discount. It is fair enough to ask for even more discount based on the total number of purchases... For example, for 10 lenses 10%, for 15 lenses 15%, for 20 lenses 20%... It is very logical and fair for both the seller and our team. This is the number 1 web-site for anamorphics worldwide, with hundreds of people visiting this site daily, so if we will make such a promotion to the FM lens, the seller couldn't ask more. I truly believe that is fair for all.

I will also stay more on the final review though: we can't buy without having seeing what the final lens will be and what it will give to us.

I can't stop laughing when I read richg101's post and then I read mine :)

Okay, seriously guys, I never said anything against the product or the seller, but the negotiation must be hard :)

The best possible price is always welcomed.

I was amazed by the price before discount and think it's pretty good of them to offer any discount considering most of their market reside here anyway!!!

They will of had to order glass and metal manufacturing of 200 units or more to get the price to make their sale price viable.  That's an awful lot of risk they're taking on board for a niche product. 

As far as image quality is concerned...  Come on guys.  Stop worrying - it's not hard to make two singlets of specific focal lengths, one of crown, one of flint so they correct each other.  I imagine it would be harder to get the optics wrong than get them right.  The fact that they've gone into manufacture of the glass will tell you it'll be worth it.    They've showed more than enough proof of the image quality in tests.  If they were asking £3000 I'd be a lot more critical but let's get realistic here.  even if the optics degrade the cinelux resolving power by half, it's still gonna be delivering 4k resolutions.

How can you be so sure? 

You have already 18 persons in your list that they agreed on purchase :)

Even if we well finally be15, this is not a bad number at all... Which can be nicely translated to 15% discount... Or, €500 total.

I don't see any reason to be shy asking a better price for such a big sale.

why don't you try? that would be an idea.

I have no problem doing this, but I don't see the reason to do it since you've started already. It is simple enough, tell him that the team suggest this: discount percentage equal to number of sales or €500 total.

If for 18 people we'll ask 18% discount, then it's better for him to adjust the price to €500 total. You ask for more, so to finally take the best possible.

You have already 18 persons in your list that they agreed on purchase :)

Even if we well finally be15, this is not a bad number at all... Which can be nicely translated to 15% discount... Or, €500 total.

I don't see any reason to be shy asking a better price for such a big sale.

Yannis I did all I could believe me, since the beginning, I am not shy at all, I am used to bargain over due to my job flying all over the world.

Honestly why don't you try?

Yannis I did all I could believe me, since the beginning, I am not shy at all, I am used to bargain over due to my job flying all over the world.

Honestly why don't you try?

Personally I believe (and I think that everyone agrees), you have done a nice move for all this, since the beginning :)

I hope that with my posts, I don't look like the guy who appears like he will negotiate better than you or anyone else. I'm just trying to have best price possible  :unsure:

I hope that with my posts, I don't look like the guy who appears like he will negotiate better than you or anyone else. I'm just trying to have best price possible  :unsure:

I am not even thinking about that, I am  a bit tired of this, so I would happily pass this last steps to someone else, working as a team.

Just be happy with the discount. If this was a big company selling stuff, or a price of lets say €3000.... - I'd say push hard! That's not the case at all.

The original asking price seems very fair. I haven't 'subscribed' to the list even though I'm really interested in this product. I'll gladly pay the full price if it delivers on it's promises.

@Comurit 

The 10% discount and relayed Q&A from Anamorphicshop that you arranged is more than enough positive input to the forum IMHO. I congratulate you in getting off your ass to represent the members here.

People who can't see the bargain that they are getting before the discount need to get their heads checked I think.

The price (without discount) is already very low considering the solution it offers to many lenses.

People who already own projector anamorphics that fall below 70.1mm diameter will have the re-sale value of their lenses increased, so if they buy an FM lens or not they benefit directly from it's release. It also opens up the cinelux and isco type lenses to be used in a practical way - lenses that are (for now) considerably cheaper than most other anamorphic lenses out there.

I'd go as far as to say that this product will also rejuvenate many lenses that have been dismissed in the past. Fixed focus lenses can now be transformed into single focus for example.

It's a shame that not all can see the positive knock on effect that having this FM lens out in the wild...but they'd rather quibble over the already low cost.

It's like complaining about Scarlett Johansson's lipstick colour, after she just kissed you.

@Comurit 

The 10% discount and relayed Q&A from Anamorphicshop that you arranged is more than enough positive input to the forum IMHO. I congratulate you in getting off your ass to represent the members here.

People who can't see the bargain that they are getting before the discount need to get their heads checked I think.

The price (without discount) is already very low considering the solution it offers to many lenses.

People who already own projector anamorphics that fall below 70.1mm diameter will have the re-sale value of their lenses increased, so if they buy an FM lens or not they benefit directly from it's release. It also opens up the cinelux and isco type lenses to be used in a practical way - lenses that are (for now) considerably cheaper than most other anamorphic lenses out there.

I'd go as far as to say that this product will also rejuvenate many lenses that have been dismissed in the past. Fixed focus lenses can now be transformed into single focus for example.

It's a shame that not all can see the positive knock on effect that having this FM lens out in the wild...but they'd rather quibble over the already low cost.

It's like complaining about Scarlett Johansson's lipstick colour, after she just kissed you.

bravo!

As soon as this is available, I will be ordering. I'll have tests up with a hypergonar and various Russian M42 glass on an A7S, just if anyone was curious to see something detailed before buying. I'll try to make it as in depth as possible. In fact, if there are specifics that the community wants to see, post them up here!

Guys you can say whatever you want, but personally I'm out of this already. I will repeat: 18 guys are going to buy at once this product as soon as it will be available and just a 10% discount? For a massive order of 18? (if not more)? This should be at least 15% (if not more). Some respect to the power of market it is advised. It is also important for me, and I enjoy it giving my money, at those who are also respecting me and my pocket (especially now days that market suffers) and not just giving an answer like: "this is it, take or leave it". Now days, anamorphic sales are 50% down, so I'm sorry but, when you make an anamorphic lens (the VM 1.5x) and you can sell it for €170, it is not possible not to give an also good discount price for the FM lens... You guys some of you want to buy it? Do it. But soon this lens will be bought for much less. That's the market now days and I will personally follow. Even Iscorama is 30 to 40% down since the last 5-6 months!... From €2700++, they now sell for €1700 to €1800 (& less than those prices!!!)... So??? That's all from me.

Im not going to be ungrateful. Ill take what I can get though. its a lot cheaper than an iscorama, and im thinking if I can get a small enough wide angle adapter to screw on to the front of my sankor 16d like i do my eiki 16f, I might just have a wide angle anamorphic. :D