FM lens discount

Cosimo murgolo

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I don't see what the big issue about filter thread size is. In the video the taking lens is obviously not attached to the anamorphic lens, so you can just mount the filters on your taking lens. Some very large mm lenses have this done, where instead of putting this amazingly HUUUUGE filter on the front of the lens, they have a slip near the camera where you can place filters before the final glass element.

indeed.  stick the nd on the taking lens:)  When we start talking about putting filters on the front of a lens with 105mm filter threads we should also be talking about 6x6 nd's and matte boxes.  this is NOT, a run and gun solution.  

If anyone thinks they'll be using vari nd's on the front of this thing, think again.  the front rotates.  Also, since we have a 105mm front i assume this thing is made to go WIDE.  And as we know, vari nd's and wide angles are not a nice combination.

I don't mind putting it on the taking lens if it doesn't increase vignetting noticeably. But I'm really the Vari ND guy. I don't know if I can still rotate that in between two lenes, even if they don't have to be screwed together. Losening the lens holder, pulling it out, adjusting the ND and sliding back the anamorphic seems silly. But this is just a theory, early to guess what works out the best on the FM.

my two options for entering the anamorphic world are this, or just waiting for the 2x slr magic.  I would probably buy a Kowa to pair the FM with, could you ask if they could demo it on FF (or S35 at the very least) with a Kowa and 85 or 105mm taking lens?  Preferably a demo with people, like the last one posted.  It would really go a long way to sway my opinion.

my two options for entering the anamorphic world are this, or just waiting for the 2x slr magic.  I would probably buy a Kowa to pair the FM with, could you ask if they could demo it on FF (or S35 at the very least) with a Kowa and 85 or 105mm taking lens?  Preferably a demo with people, like the last one posted.  It would really go a long way to sway my opinion.

Sent on their facebook page

Actually after he rolled out with the focusing module, it would be super awesome if Anamorphic Shop could come up with a simple fixed focus 1.5x anamorphic "tube" something like those lenses from the Widescreen Centre but purposely designed for the FM lens. I would love that! After the VM lens he could certainty pull it off.