FM lens discount

Cosimo murgolo

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

For those of you who are still sceptical about focus module, next video test is going to be with the Isco Ultra star coming soon, and later test Kowa B&H later.

I have also asked about their website shop, the answer:

The webpage is in the building process

We are releasing just the second of our product. And we are more concentrated in doing that.

However we  are developing the idea how it should look

Our ambition is after the release of FM Lens make Anamorphic Shop Web live

Stay tuned!

Thanks!

Sounds like they are doing things right, not rushing until they are happy that things are ready. 

Quite commendable in a world where people are often too keen to rush things out without any care over quality.

I'm personally not interested in a discount from 550 Euros, that is a very fair price for something that looks like it will enable many duel/single focus anamorphic projector lenses to be used as single focus units that should rival or maybe surpass the results from some cinema grade optics out there on the second hand market.

I do understand that the price could seem steep for some, but it does look like at the price point already set - you are getting a very good deal indeed.

To put things into perspective, their price point at the moment is £2k cheaper than an alternative product to be found on this forum.

Probably most of the customers (like us) already have such anamorphics. If not, buy one now!

Even if the cheap 2x anamorphics (like the Schneiders - they go for as low as €100) will double our triple in price, the total cost will be way lover than previous single focus options like the Iscorama.

Probably most of the customers (like us) already have such anamorphics. If not, buy one now!

Even if the cheap 2x anamorphics (like the Schneiders - they go for as low as €100) will double our triple in price, the total cost will be way lover than previous single focus options like the Iscorama.

All the mugs who jumped on the bandwagon a year or less before the bubble burst about 6 months ago have already sold up or are selling the lens they thought would turn their stuff 'cinematic' without them having to put any effort in and this has brought prices down drastically.  I keep having to force myself to not grab one of the umpteen kowa 8z's or similar I see popping up for less than half what they were going for a year ago..  It's a true anamorphic nutters paradise on ebay at the moment what with all the bandwagoners giving up due to it being too much effort.  Flooded market and prices more realistic now.  What is awesome is that a lot more kowas will show up since users will migrate to a gold or red anamorphic to use on the fm unit and only the experimenters will be willing to make the kowa and similar lenses with non 71mm diameters work.

All the mugs who jumped on the bandwagon a year or less before the bubble burst about 6 months ago have already sold up or are selling the lens they thought would turn their stuff 'cinematic' without them having to put any effort in and this has brought prices down drastically.  I keep having to force myself to not grab one of the umpteen kowa 8z's or similar I see popping up for less than half what they were going for a year ago..  It's a true anamorphic nutters paradise on ebay at the moment what with all the bandwagoners giving up due to it being too much effort.  Flooded market and prices more realistic now.  What is awesome is that a lot more kowas will show up since users will migrate to a gold or red anamorphic to use on the fm unit and only the experimenters will be willing to make the kowa and similar lenses with non 71mm diameters work.

My gold one arrived today, I am ready to put the black condom on  :D

Where is the organ grinder in all of this, do they feel this forum thread is irrelevant, are they trying to create mystery & intrigue?

I can understand large companies not finding the time to get involved in every thread on the web, but not small ones. From the recent test I cant tell how close it will focus or how many turns are needed to complete the range, would be nice to see how it performs in low light with lots of nice flares, bokeh or no bokeh? Ok so it depends on taking lens but I still want to see it, does this one work with zooms & hold focus.

How it works with other anamorphics will be interesting to see. All you guys who have experience with anamorphics, in the ideal world what diameter would you really want for the anamorphic exit?

I was hoping for a little more on the footage side, at least a sunset through the wheat would have been something, but watching these slow rollouts is torture, they should not be 2-3minutes on the same shot, more variety needed. Knowing how long before final production would be good too, What is the focal length of the taking lens, minimum without vignette, and max aperture? total weight?

Having the thing cloak the anamorphic in black is a nice touch, though some might like red or gold anamorph on show, but is the shroud needed to keep light out? is there much gap between anamorphic and front elements, wondering if any light can actually hit the gold and cause additional flares/halos? Still wondering how many anamorphics will work with it.

Who here uses Square front anamorphics, and are they any better?