Panasonic future lenses POLL what do you want? I want 75mm 1.2 macro

Brellivids

So Panasonic apparently just announced a 30mm 2.8 macro lens. It seems decent on paper. 

What I would like to see is a pro level 50,60 or 75mm 1.2 weather sealed Leica 42.5 quality macro lens with image stabilization (since panasonic does not have inbuilt stabilization)

This kind of lens would work double duty as a portrait lens and as a macro lens. 

The MFT world is growing nicely. This new pro level 40-150mm 2.8 zoom from Olympus seems honestly good enough. Likewise I'm happy to hear about the upcoming 300 F4 prime from Olympus. 

What kind of lenses would you like to see by Panasonic? 

On a secondary needs basis I would like to see 14Bit Raw images support for GH4. To make it more Pro photography oriented. 12 vs 14 bit RAW's are very important for professional photography needs.

on my short list there are

300mm 2.8 with image stabilization or pro level 100-300 2.8 with IS.  Perhaps 400mm f4 with IS. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I know you guys are mainly video but I like using mine for photography as well, I think with GH4 new AF it could really be a competent bird in flight or sports camera if it had a pro-level lens at a longer focal length with a fast AF motor. I would vote for an Lumix G Vario X 100-300mm F4 with stabilization & weather proofing.    Maybe throw in a 600mm F5.6 prime. 

Ooo, it's the wishful thinking thread! 200/2.8 for me please. Panasonic were so close with that 150/2.8.

I know you guys are mainly video but I like using mine for photography as well, I think with GH4 new AF it could really be a competent bird in flight or sports camera if it had a pro-level lens at a longer focal length with a fast AF motor. I would vote for an Lumix G Vario X 100-300mm F4 with stabilization & weather proofing.    Maybe throw in a 600mm F5.6 prime. 

If you believe the murmurings, Panasonic apparently had that 100-300/4 but killed its development.

Ooo, it's the wishful thinking thread! 200/2.8 for me please. Panasonic were so close with that 150/2.8.

If you believe the murmurings, Panasonic apparently had that 100-300/4 but killed its development.

Yeah Panasonic rep confirmed that the 300mm wasn't happening & they wanted to go in favor of making compact standard zooms for the GM1.  The 150mm f2.8 is still suppose to happen, too short for wildlife or birds but a good focal length for sports & action.   I think they are making a mistake though abandoning the pro 300mm zoom, they could of won over a lot of wildlife photographers who are tired of carrying a $8k bazooka lens into the forest. 

When talking about birding/wildlife lenses a 250mm 2.8 with IS might work as well.

Make it have focus via remote extension cord for documentary wildlife video shooting. Think about it beeing able to focus as a one man band.

I would allso welcome a 12-35 ultra pro edition with f. 2.0 LIke Inazuma suggested. After all the DOF of the 12-35 2.8 is far from FF equivalent. Perhaps make it 11-35  2.0 (this would bode well for 4K crop of GH4)