First Post - First "only video" shooting session C&C

Paniko

Hi everybody, i'm a newbie here and almost newbie in video, despite i'm reading A LOT about "how to's".

As you may understand english is not my main language so, sorry if i write something wrong.

As per title of this post, this is my first attempt in shooting video not in a studio but in a controlled environment .

I'd like to have your opinion about it, also what i could have done better.

I have a photography background ,so can't really going in technicalities nor codecs and whatsoever.

Thank you anyway for watching and hope commenting.

Here's the video

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Inazuma, thank you!

Yup, same camera with mainly FourThirds lenses. 35-100F2 and 14-35F2. For this video i've used the PanaLeica 25 1.4 wide open and for the intro the ZD50F2 macro. Light was just a DIY led ring light. Always (but obviously not for the static part of the video) handheld.

That 5 Axis ibis is simply stunning.

No grading nor color corrections in FCPX.This is SOOC video. As a RAW stills shooter i've mistakenly leaved the camera in AutoWB, didn't notice that when the arms were in to the scene the wb changed :/ my fault.

Anyway glad you enjoyed it and thanks for subscribe!

I'm planning to do another video in a month but that will be a lot of planning work. Camera moving this time.

If you have suggestions on helping me getting better please feel free to let me know!

Ciao

Thx Jbells! Glad you liked it!

Thx Inazuma, next vid will be shorter. But i struggle to find a song/music that fits the emotional part. Music is my main inspiring component in doing a video, so i start from there and then i "dress" the music with images.

I don't want to cut a song in the middle, but imagination should help in doing that. 

Do you think 2min/2 min and half would be better?

Thank you again!