Panasonic GH1 / GH 2 and FD lenses

MattN.

Hello everybody,

this is my first post in this forum and I want to thank EOSHD for some great content and information that I get from you guys. Also you have raised my interest in the GH1/GH2 by Panasonic. This interest is yet also related to another fact: My father owns a canon AE-1, that he doesn't use anymore, with a whole bunch of beautiful FD-lenses that you can not reasonably mount on any DSLR video camera other than Micro-Four-Thirds like the GH1/2/(and a probably upcoming 3). Do you have any experiences or educated guesses on how well these lenses will perform on the GH1/2 with regards to filming predominantly? I own a 5D MII but rather than investing in good new glasses again and again, I started to consider having a GH2 as a second cam for just about 600 € with like 5 high-quality lenses already available for me (excluding costs for adapters, of course).

Thanks already for your answers,
Greetings,
Matt

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
If that isn't an awesome reply  ;). And although my father just confirmed that two of the five lenses are damaged, what I have are a 35mm, a 50mm and a 135 mm lens from Canon in great condition. Yet, as I am lacking focal lenghths under 35mm I should probably 'widen out' with one additional glass going to like 18mm. One of the many advantages of owning a 5D as yoour main cam: it's easier to go wider on it, as I've fallen in love especially with wider shots. But I will just wait a bit for the GH2 to get cheaper (probably in the wake of the GH3) and then I'll get me my second cam 8).

Greetings,
Matt