Premiere export settings -- color shift driving me crazy --help

kaylee

why tf are my premiere exports desaturated and all messed up? color and contrast is a mess!

i just wanna post on youtube like a normal person ๐Ÿ˜žย 

is it the 'monitor' setting within premiere? is it my export settings? whats going on here ๐Ÿ˜งย 

halp im an idiot

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony camerasย EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, kaylee said:

why tf are my premiere exports desaturated and all messed up? color and contrast is a mess!

i just wanna post on youtube like a normal person ๐Ÿ˜žย 

is it the 'monitor' setting within premiere? is it my export settings? whats going on here ๐Ÿ˜งย 

halp im an idiot

Switch to Davinci Resolve....problem solved.ย  Just kidding (but not really). I used Premier for years, got tired of paying the subscription fees, learned Davinci Resolve in 1 week, best decision I ever made. If you shoot LOG with a DR supported camera, DR's managed color is another real time saver; there's also tutorials that help you do the same things you do in Premier in DR; I used a few of those, a few of Blackmagic's training courses, especially on color grading and project setup, and within 1wk could do everything in Resolve that I used to do in Premier.

No more endless subscription fees, no more weird render failures, no more crashing, no more forced updates leading to project instability, etc. etc.ย 

On 1/21/2023 at 8:02 PM, newfoundmass said:

Can you give us some info on your workflow? Are you working with log footage?

no, not at all, its actually mp4 aac h264 phone footage

On 1/21/2023 at 8:02 PM, newfoundmass said:

What are your project settings? What export settings are you using?ย 

idk im an idiot lol

On 1/22/2023 at 12:01 AM, hyalinejim said:

Post screengrabs of your export settings

like this?

04a614a8f5597c4780da9bc5656377c4022105c6

19 hours ago, Kubrickian said:

Thereโ€™s always a discrepancy between premiere renders and how Macs display them. The gamma will be lifted. Itโ€™s an apple / adobe disconnect. I donโ€™t expect it ever to be fixed tbhย 

so ive read...

19 hours ago, MrSMW said:

ย 

i saw this and tried the lut -- worked ok but i can just make a custom adjustment layer for export to counteract the problem with likely better results. just seems so stupid smh

14 hours ago, herein2020 said:

Switch to Davinci Resolve....problem solved.ย  Just kidding (but not really)

i WASSSS happily using resolve but ive reached the limits of what it can do on my laptop. playback was getting unbearable so i was like Lets give premiere another try ๐Ÿ˜•ย 

4 hours ago, kaylee said:

no, not at all, its actually mp4 aac h264 phone footage

idk im an idiot lol

like this?

04a614a8f5597c4780da9bc5656377c4022105c6

so ive read...

i saw this and tried the lut -- worked ok but i can just make a custom adjustment layer for export to counteract the problem with likely better results. just seems so stupid smh

i WASSSS happily using resolve but ive reached the limits of what it can do on my laptop. playback was getting unbearable so i was like Lets give premiere another try ๐Ÿ˜•ย 

So it looks like you're trying to export the file as HLG? Is the original footage HLG? The project doesn't look like it is (at least it doesn't mention it in the project settings.) Under "Basic Video Settings" hit more and see if you can change that.

Also is there any reason you're using custom settings instead of one of the presets?

thank you @newfoundmass, ive been busy but im trying to suss this out. this was a multicam shoot, i have to go thru all the data... ugh

one of the offending clips, below, is not hlg, right? talk to me like im 4. would i see that here?

196010cd1eb8dfcfd62ac9b158d71b1271d20938

im only seeing the 'hlg' on export, dunno why. been reading this

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-fix-saturated-over-exposed-hlg-hdr-clips-in-premiere-pro-v-22/td-p/12489252

but all the settings in my projects are set to rec 709 as that thread describes, so i dunno. still working on it, just wanted to say thanks!ย 

obviously a general color issue upon export as described in this thread is a problem, and just confuses the issue for me, having not used premiere in a while. anyway!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ค

7384c80c9c48d8b9b8c792184ad8659b.gif

ย 

On 1/29/2023 at 2:55 AM, kaylee said:

thank you @newfoundmass, ive been busy but im trying to suss this out. this was a multicam shoot, i have to go thru all the data... ugh

one of the offending clips, below, is not hlg, right? talk to me like im 4. would i see that here?

196010cd1eb8dfcfd62ac9b158d71b1271d20938

im only seeing the 'hlg' on export, dunno why. been reading this

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-fix-saturated-over-exposed-hlg-hdr-clips-in-premiere-pro-v-22/td-p/12489252

but all the settings in my projects are set to rec 709 as that thread describes, so i dunno. still working on it, just wanted to say thanks!ย 

obviously a general color issue upon export as described in this thread is a problem, and just confuses the issue for me, having not used premiere in a while. anyway!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ค

7384c80c9c48d8b9b8c792184ad8659b.gif

ย 

It doesn't look it! I'd try exporting using one of Premiere's default settings, because I think the custom one you're using is probably where the issue is!ย