Here it is - 4K on the Olympus OM-D E-M1

Andrew Reid

These rumors are just insane. 

The Olympus one (besides the complete feature list) seems most believable, but the GH4 one? Sounds like a spam bot email picking up lucrative wording and jumbling it into one. 

Raw on GH4? Why is there nothing between the GH4 and Varicam? It's a massive gap! (I was expecting an FS700/C300 competitor at some point). 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

It could well be insane, but technically feasibility is another consideration and if we have raw on the Pocket Cinema Camera for under $1000 to SD cards, it's probably pretty simple to compress & dump the raw data already coming off the sensor in 1080p on the GH4.

Magic Lantern managed it, without even any proper access to Canon's code.

If true, it could be an incredible response to alternatives like the A7S, or Olympus' supposed firmware update. It would definitely be very interesting, although I could personally only manage 3-4 raw shots in my workflow. Would be a handy tool for the "money shots."

Whatever is going on, nobody can really complain about what's going on with cameras at the moment. Even Canon and Nikon DSLR video users can't complain. They can use their lenses elsewhere  :lol:

I think the Olympus rumor is the most compelling. What a package that will be!!

The two announcements to follow today here on 43rumors are:

1) Olympus at 9:00 (German time) which is 0:00 in San Franciso, 03:00 in NYC and 17:00 in Tokyo
2) Panasonic at 14:00 (German time) which is 5:00 in San Franciso, 08:00 in NYC and 22:00 in Tokyo

Soon we'll know!

• Administrators

I think 43r have got it slightly wrong. Photokina doesn't start until the 16th unless I am mistaken.

Monday 15th, I believe is setup and dealers day, then the public go in on the 16th. So tomorrow is the real start. I'm heading there in a few hours.

the idea that at the push of a button the camera could go from being one where exposure doesn't lock when you're in "manual" mode to being one of the most impressively specced video cameras in its class would be the most dramatic change in a camera's capabilities since Magic Lantern. I would love for this to be true, but I'm pretty sceptical.

• 2 weeks later...