Welcome to the newly re-launched EOSHD

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Again and again the comment about white text on black background has come up, people do seem to prefer black text on a white background.

So I have changed it.

I'd like to hear feedback on this point, it's really key... If you liked the previous style better let me know. But if the white style looks as smart, I'm happy to keep it if it saves eyes!

• Administrators

I like it man.  not tried on a mobile yet but I assume it will be better than the original design which was hard to navigate on the mobile - it definitely looks like it's a mobile friendly site.  

Yep, it's responsive so layout changes depending on screen size. On mobile it should be like using an iPhone app. No need to zoom in on a large webpage. Just the headlines and images to scroll through and large text.

Again and again the comment about white text on black background has come up, people do seem to prefer black text on a white background.

So I have changed it.

I'd like to hear feedback on this point, it's really key... If you liked the previous style better let me know. But if the white style looks as smart, I'm happy to keep it if it saves eyes!

You could meet half way and use dark grey text on light grey bg :p

Some other feedback

• The social media icons and the big rectangular thumnails everywhere, along with the white background are giving me douchey BuzzFeed vibes.
  • The four boxes for "reviews, latest news, creative film making, lenses" need more seperation or need to look more distinct to one another. Right now it's just all blending into one mess.
  • The footer could use a third column. Maybe just a very short "About". Also I would arrange it so  tags are on the right.
  • I'm not a fan of the 'page against a background' look (ie. the shadows on either side).
  • Why did you bury the creative forum even deeper?
  • Forum theme still looks the same to me. When I view it in incognito mode, it looks different (and better, except for it being hard to distinguish which post count belongs to what thread. And yes the banner is too big).

• Administrators

Creativity and ideas is hardly 'buried' when it is one click away form the front page of the forum. I have compressed the top of the forum into less space and reduced the size of the top banner.

As for the forum theme looking the same as the old one when you are logged in... please post a screen grab. This would count as a bug.

Looking good, love the breakdown of News vs Reviews. Also, it still works in Internet Explorer 8 that I need to use some mornings due to IT companies of certain large organisations holding back on upgrading!

Has anything changed in the way Vimeo links are added in the Screening Forum? I couldn't get it to work properly this morning when sharing a film?

• Administrators

Looking good, love the breakdown of News vs Reviews. Also, it still works in Internet Explorer 8 that I need to use some mornings due to IT companies of certain large organisations holding back on upgrading!

Has anything changed in the way Vimeo links are added in the Screening Forum? I couldn't get it to work properly this morning when sharing a film?

Thanks Kirk.

Vimeo embed by pasting the URL into the post worked for me on your video

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Anyone else having issues? I will have to look further into it.

Cheers

Hi, i kinda liked the dark background, but since a lot of people seem to prefer the white one, i won't argue ;)

But i agree with Olly P, i think your logo might benefit from a little update. I'm not a graphic designer so i cannot tell what directions you should go toward, but i think it's worth looking into it. It feels a tiny little dated with the new site.

My 2 cents.

Keep up the great work.

• Administrators

What I find to be an obstruction (on displays that are lower res than full 1080p) is the fixed forum header.

With such a high header, you get a very small area for reading content. Fixed header would be ok if it'd be a 20-33% as high as the current header.

Thanks for the feedback. Lower than 1080p screens - What models are we talking specifically here - are you using a Macbook Air?

Cheers