1. Axel

Axel

• Similar Content

• By Matt Kieley
      I gave Nikon a shot, and got good results, but I just still aesthetically prefer Panasonic, so I'm hoping to find someone here who might want to trade their G6 for a D5200. It will include 1 Nikon battery, 1 Vivitar battery, 1 Nikon charger, 1 neck strap, and the Nikon 18-55 3.5-5.6 kit lens. I also have two Nikon Nikkor Ai primes: 28mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.4. I'd also like to get the Panasonic 14mm 2.5 lens. If someone wants to buy instead of trade, well that's fine by me too.

By Guest
      This is a promotional reel I've just made for the small videography business I'm currently setting up (one-man-band doing local community organisations, weddings etc). Everything in it was shot on low-end/cheap cameras, several of which have been discussed and compared extensively on this forum over the last year or two. To boot, other than the Tokina 11-16mm all of the lenses were each bought for under $300.

After a couple of enquiries about the gear I used for this reel, I've decided to add subtitles to show each camera (and lens) each shot was taken with. Just click the 'CC' button in the Vimeo play bar to turn the subtitles on.

I'd welcome feedback on my reel, but this is mainly posted here in the hope it might be of use to others:

Sorry the subtitles aren't synched perfectly to each edit (it's not easy with Amara). You'll work it out though I hope ...
      By Guest
      I'm starting to set myself up a small videography business: just a one-man-band doing local stuff - community group promos, weddings, etc. I'm still working on the website (www.lintelfilms.co.uk) and have just finished the 2nd draft of my promotional film. I'd really appreciate your feedback on the film. I don't mind at all if you are brutal!

• By EvanPerkins
      Hey guys!

I'm looking to get into video work, and I'm trying to figure out which camera would best suit my needs. I'm looking for a camera with great stills as well as video. The 3 main contenders for me are panasonic's gh3 and g6 and Nikon's d5300. All of them offer full HD at 24 at 60fps, which is crucial for me. They also all have a 3.5mm jack for external microphone. These specs are similar, but Panasonic's seem to be better for video. If it was video alone, I would choose the Panasonic cameras. But, I'm also looking for great stills. Right now I have the sony a58, and I don't want anything under the quality of its stills. The d5300 has better dynamic range, AF, sensor size, and low light performance. I've heard that the d5300 is one of the best APS-C sensor cameras for video, but it's also one of the most annoying to use. I don't want to sacrifice any stills/video quality. Which would you guys suggest? 

Here's a post by eoshd themselves against the d5300. 
      http://www.eoshd.com/2014/02/nikon-d5300-review/

I would really appreciate the help!
    • By utsira
      Two journeys, a plane into Macau, and the ferry to Kowloon, as the storm clouds come in. 

Panasonic G6, 20mm 1.7, neat video NR, ImpulZ LUTs

Unfortunately the noise reduction means that banding is evident in the vimeo stream. It's a bit better if you download it.

It got a nice review on Coconuts Hong Kong, which has never happened to me before. If you'll forgive me quoting my own good press!

http://hongkong.coconuts.co/2014/08/08/video-fall-love-hong-kongs-typhoon-season-romanticised-wet-weather-treat