New SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 10mm T2.1 lens for Micro Four Thirds and SLR Magic variable ND filter

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
SLR Magic 10mm T2.1 front

Following in the footsteps of their highly successful 12mm T1.6 wide angle lens for Micro Four Thirds mount, SLR Magic based in Hong Kong have developed a 10mm T2.1 lens, optimised for cinematic use. I'll be reviewing the new lens very soon on EOSHD, the sample unit having arrived today. This has the potential to be a great wide choice for the GH4 especially in 4K mode where every millimetre counts on that smaller recording area.

As for image quality, I have high expectations for the new lens. The existing SLR Magic 12mm T1.6 is a fantastic lens, very characterful, it will be interesting to see what character and performance the 10mm exhibits. Stay tuned to EOSHD to find out.

Read the full article here

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Great news - glad they built in lens gears, not sure what Kowa was thinking with leaving them off their set. 

The Kowa Micro Four Thirds lenses are just rehoused c-mount machine vision lenses apparently according to DPReview.

http://***URL removed***/articles/7889568906/kowa-announces-three-manual-focus-lenses-for-micro-four-thirds

http://www.kowa-usa.com/MV-FA-CCTV/Products.php?Product-Line=XC-Series

at an equivalent f-stop of F4, do you think this would be a sharper, less distorted lens than the Panny 7-14 f4?  In my experience, at equal F-stops, most of these higher end zooms are as sharp or sharper than some primes touted as being "super sharp". Pretty much all Canon L primes are no notable sharpness over the Canon 24-70 when all at f2.8.

I've been looking for a wide lens for my GH4 for my steadicam work. I use the 12-35 right now which works great at 1080/60p but at 4k I wish it was a bit wider than the 28.8mm look i get from it.

Also, how are the other SLR magic lenses compared to Rokinon lenses (14, 24, 35) Canon 50mm 1.4, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC and Panny 12-35.

Also, how are the other SLR magic lenses compared to Rokinon lenses (14, 24, 35) Canon 50mm 1.4, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC and Panny 12-35.

I have SLR Magic 12mm T1.6, 25mm t0.95 and 35mm t1.4. I don't have much experience from the Rokinon lenses but some. Those are good also and good if you want to use speedbooster. SLR Magic lenses doesn't allow that. But they are smaller, great build, got some nice character,(beautiful flares and bokeh) and not extreme expensive.

I have been thinking if I could find Duclos modificated Rokinon set from Europe I might get those. They are announcing them in near future. They have removed some coating from the lens so those should flare quite a lot. Sounds good for me :)

Personally I don't like panasonic 12-35 look. Too sharp and hate the aperture changes during zoom. It should be constant aperture but it isn't quite that...