No new BMPCC in August or any time soon

Damphousse

In a recent interview Bob Caniglia, Senior Regional Manager, Eastern North America for Blackmagic Design, said the following...

The Pocket Cinema Camera promotion grew from a need to move some parts and some cameras out quickly. We were overwhelmed by the response — which was nice. But we were pretty clear that it was not one of these long drawn out plans and then we’ll announce a new camera — it was really not about that. The fact is, we do have a couple of new cameras coming out – the URSA and the Studio — and they need to be built and shipped now. We needed the room. Nothing too sinister. That’s really it.

planet5D

So the Pocket sale was simply a housekeeping measure.  There will be no answer to sub $1,000 4k.  In a way I'm totally okay with that.  I bought an extra BMPCC to sell; so between the price rise, shortage, and no new bmpcc on the horizon I should be able to sell it for a nice profit and ease my pain into the Blackmagic world.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Geez, some people... qXKhl1S.gif

Lol.  You should be a reporter.  I've never seen someone make a quote and snip out 70% of a sentence in various places to skew the meaning.

I didn't order my first BMPCC until after it was out of stock everywhere, so everyone had a chance to get it ahead of me when it was in stock.  If you really wanted one, you got one.  Secondly my last order for a BMPCC was literally a day before the price went back up to $1,000.  Again I purposfully waited WEEKS so everyone that was serious about getting one had a chance.

Selling a couple of BMPCC to finance a $559 speedbooster is hardly a crime.

Guest fe4a3f5e8381673ce80017d29a8375f1

Bob Caniglia said

The Pocket Cinema Camera promotion grew from a need to move some parts and some cameras out quickly. We were overwhelmed by the response — which was nice. But we were pretty clear that it was not one of these long drawn out plans and then we’ll announce a new camera — it was really not about that. The fact is, we do have a couple of new cameras coming out – the URSA and the Studio — and they need to be built and shipped now. We needed the room. Nothing too sinister. That’s really it.

LOL. I talked to BlackMagic UK a few days ago to ask where the hell my BMPCC I paid for over a month ago is and got told they dropped the price because they "wanted to give something back to their customers" and say "have a great summer on us". 

Based upon the quote above that appears to be a complete lie. The summer is drawing to a close here in England, and all I've got from BlackMagic is £360 out of pocket with nothing to show for it and no idea when my camera will arrive, other than CVP saying it's unlikely to be within the next few weeks.

I wouldn't mind if I had a clue what was going on and had some idea of when my camera was going to arrive.

Ridiculous. 

... no idea when my camera will arrive, other than CVP saying it's unlikely to be within the next few weeks.

I wouldn't mind if I had a clue what was going on and had some idea of when my camera was going to arrive.

Ridiculous. 

We were all in the exact same situation once, I mean us 'prototype testers' who ordered the camera the minute (September '13) it 'arrived'. I was told by my dealer I was in a queue with 150 before me.

A week before christmas he said I made it to number 40 in the meantime, but a substantial quantity of Pockets had been announced to arrive 'soon'. I couldn't stand the word soon anymore by then, but - surprise! - next morning the DHL guy was at the door with the Pocket. 

The features of the last firmware update also had been promised a long, long time ago. I never complained. 

I think the main thing for those that ordered at the summer sale price and are still waiting for delivery is not to cancel said order out of frustration.

Having said that, it seems strange that Blackmagic say they need the space and me having space at home... :-) but no camera as yet.