CG/VFX for free

slonick81

Can't get enough job these days, so my skills may be useful here. I can do green screen keying, cleanups/object replacement, tracking, basic 3d modelling and stuff around such topics. Nothing fancy, I am not a world wide acknowledged cg artist but have some skills and experience. Here is my eclectic reel - https://disk.yandex.ru/i/V9USqVPwl0DDOg (it's accessible in Georgia so I assume it's accessible in other countries, too).

Rules are:

1. You give me one shot/clip at a time, I do it for free.

2. I get the right to publish it here, on my youtube channel and use the resulting clip and the creation process as demonstration of skills and self promotion to other people and organizations.

3. You can use the result of my work as you wish until it contradicts term no.2. Or at least inform me about the change of situation.

Of course there may be clips I won't be able to do, and I'll do my best to point it out right at the start. Also I'm still trying to earn for life, there may be a delay before I can do your clip (and I'll tell you about it). So if you have a complicated case in burning ASAP situation it may be better to contact an established CG facility on commercial basis.

In general I'm trying to build up portfolio and maybe get in touch with new customers but at the moment I just don't want to get rusty. Ask questions if any. Chat on the topic (CG/VFX) is also welcomed in this thread.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Nice reel, do not sell yourself too low on that one.

Have you considered freelance websites like Fiverr, Upwork or Freelancer?

Sorry if you already considered these, I assume the job market in Georgia is just as bad as rest of Europe, but international freelance sites do allow you to get more clients, I mostly got small time work on Fiverr but they took 1 - 2 hours to complete and stuff started to add up by the end of the month.

1 hour ago, SMGJohn said:

Nice reel, do not sell yourself too low on that one.

Thank you! Frankly speaking, I have no idea about worldwide rates on such jobs, and if I'll be able to cover my current life expenses - common food, internet and cheap apartments, then it'll be a huge success for me already. But here I'm just trying to keep myself in shape and to do something good for the community.

Have you considered freelance websites like Fiverr, Upwork or Freelancer?

Sorry if you already considered these, I assume the job market in Georgia is just as bad as rest of Europe, but international freelance sites do allow you to get more clients, I mostly got small time work on Fiverr but they took 1 - 2 hours to complete and stuff started to add up by the end of the month.

Sure, I have been trying to get something on Upwork but no luck since September. I tried to apply on projects I'm used to work on - like movies, music videos, commercials - and had no response, which is understandable; I also tried to get simple small jobs when people are looking to cleanup/key a shot or two, or to make some trivial graphics and motion design - and had no response as well, which puzzled me greatly. Maybe something crucial was missing in my responses? Thank you for recommending Fiverr, I'll try to apply there.

31 minutes ago, slonick81 said:

I tried to apply on projects I'm used to work on - like movies, music videos, commercials - and had no response, which is understandable; I also tried to get simple small jobs when people are looking to cleanup/key a shot or two, or to make some trivial graphics and motion design - and had no response as well, which puzzled me greatly. Maybe something crucial was missing in my responses? Thank you for recommending Fiverr, I'll try to apply there.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you Russian by chance? I know you said you're in Georgia, but a lot of Russians have fled to Georgia. The reason I ask is that since the war my Russian friend that lives in France has had a harder time getting work, too. 

11 hours ago, slonick81 said:

Yes, this is true, and it's obvious from my profile on Upwork. I'm taking current situation into account but I'm trying to find someone who doesn't care.

I recommend you just mention you are from Georgia.

This absolute HEINOUS racist attitude towards Russian people are disgusting just because a certain Oligarch government decided it was a good idea to split up USSR, sell whatever remained for pocket changes, force one hundred million people into poverty, then proceed to fight wars against those who were once their brothers and sisters to kickstart their own weapon industry.

Ah nothing makes my blood boil more, even worse when European media is portraying Russian people as responsible for all of its short comings, no logic involved just more racist pandering.

I recommend you just mention you are from Georgia.

Hmmm... Maybe it's an option but I feel uneasy in many ways about it. Anyways, thank you for kind words, it really helps and matters these days. But let's not test Andrew's banhammer itch on political threads - I'd like to chat on the topic anywhere else and to keep this thread around graphics and effects.