Share your still photography!!!

richg101

I thought it would be nice to make a thread where film makers can also share their still photography.

Rules of the Thread:-

1. Choose a single image that best sums up your style or favourite shot

2. Post a link to your flickr or 500px profile

3. Explain a bit about why you started playing with image capturing and any more info.

4. If sharing your own work, also comment on other people's work with critique or creative discussion!

• 7 months later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think your being to restrictive. Especially the "Single photo that summarizes your work" and "Tell us your background" Why not just have a general photography thread? Also for threads like these it's best if you offer your own answers to the questions your asking others.

Nikon D800 with Tokina 50-135

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Astral photography isn't the first thing I think of when I consider the type of photographer I am, but the experience of researching and going to this spot and tirelessly researching the techniques it took to get this shot I think really does sum me up. This is why I love this forum and what Andrew has done with EOSHD. I'm constantly reading what you all share and love the community aspect of being a creative person in this day and age. I very easily could've died getting this shot as I almost was bitten by a rattlesnake in the dark when helping another photographer with her camera settings. Makes it an even more memorable experience for me. 

Borrego-Dragon.jpg

• 10 months later...
On 21 September 2015 at 3:22 PM, graphicnatured said:

I very easily could've died getting this shot as I almost was bitten by a rattlesnake in the dark when helping another photographer with her camera settings.

That's a mean looking rattlesnake.

Having a camera nearby at a time when the light was interesting was cool enough, but when I'd framed the shot and set the exposure, and a bloke happened to cruise by on a snazzy motorbike...well, what more could you ask for. It's a form of hunting, and it triggers a primal drive.

_RAB1615.jpg

• 4 months later...

BIF photography... Thought I'd find out if many, or any people on this forum are into it ? About a week ago I decided that it couldn't be that hard to nail a few shots. Well I reckon I've taken about 500 photos and got 3 that look ok. The good thing about though is it has made me RTFM inside out regarding Burst modes, AFS, AFC, focus priority, file size, etc, etc.

I now have the utmost respect for photographers that do it well. If you think it sounds easy, give it a shot.

11 minutes ago, Stanley said:

BIF photography... Thought I'd find out if many, or any people on this forum are into it ? About a week ago I decided that it couldn't be that hard to nail a few shots. Well I reckon I've taken about 500 photos and got 3 that look ok. The good thing about though is it has made me RTFM inside out regarding Burst modes, AFS, AFC, focus priority, file size, etc, etc.

I now have the utmost respect for photographers that do it well. If you think it sounds easy, give it a shot.

I was doing photography before getting onto cinematography. Whilst that is true that all the settings are a bit strange, I usually shoot "old-school" so I don't have to change any settings. (Manual Focus lenses, Aperture priority Mode or full Manual, RAW files and that's it).But I learned with a Film SLR (Minolta SRT-101) so that might explain why :)

I think the same applies to video, you can get a nice camcorder and go shooting straight on. Or you can get a cinema camera (or a Sony, labyrinths menus joke) and spend weeks trying to set the camera.

18 minutes ago, Justin Bacle said:

. Whilst that is true that all the settings are a bit strange, I usually shoot "old-school" so I don't have to change any settings. (Manual Focus lenses, Aperture priority Mode or full Manual, RAW files and that's it).But I learned with a Film SLR (Minolta SRT-101) so that might explain why :)

At this stage there is no way I could attempt manual focus I'm afraid!!... plus it all happens so quickly I'm lucky if I can frame the birds up in time. Her's a shot of my best effort so far, its beak is focused (sort of) but the legs aren't, and that's just one of the things that I need to improve, And yeah I used to own a Minolta SRT-101, and still have a couple of Rokkor lenses...they are awesome.

P1170197.JPG

22 hours ago, Stanley said:

And yeah I used to own a Minolta SRT-101, and still have a couple of Rokkor lenses...they are awesome.

I cannot agree more :)

I have a bunch of these lenses and most of them are great ! Just too bad they can't be adapted to Canon EOS mount. I'll can't stop using them on µ4/3 w/ and w/o a speedbooster :)

• 4 months later...

Cool thread!

As for me i started shooting underwater, later on land and fell in love with photography.
Took photos all the time. One day someone asked how much i charged and things went from there..

One thing that i try to do with all photos is tell a story.
https://www.instagram.com/observe8/

Photographers who inspire me on a regular basis are...
James Nachtwey
Steve McCurry

This photo is of locals watching tourists rent motorbikes. (Madagascar)

bike-jump.jpg