Panasonic S5 II (What does Panasonic have up their sleeve?)

newfoundmass

I would also not rule out the possibility that DJI might get into producing more FF mirolless cameras. They already have their Ronin 4D and Husselband tech. They are arleady a part of L-mount alliance. They could make something trully great, like say a stripped down compact Ronin or even better a modular beast which you can attach DJI handles and screen from Ronin 4D at it can become either a handeld camera or a light gimbal. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
22 minutes ago, Amazeballs said:

I would also not rule out the possibility that DJI might get into producing more FF mirolless cameras. They already have their Ronin 4D and Husselband tech. They are arleady a part of L-mount alliance. They could make something trully great, like say a stripped down compact Ronin or even better a modular beast which you can attach DJI handles and screen from Ronin 4D at it can become either a handeld camera or a light gimbal. 

Yes but it would not explain why the event is with Panasonic

5 hours ago, Amazeballs said:

They are arleady a part of L-mount alliance.

Are they?

I don’t think they are…

4 hours ago, Davide DB said:

Yes but it would not explain why the event is with Panasonic

Unless it’s some kind of module in the first instance for at least 4/3rd cameras and maybe existing FF, but being developed to be in camera for the next gen of the S line some time in 2023?

This is currently my best guess…but is nothing but that, a guess…

7 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

I know in the past DJI released drones with M43 sensors and even released a 15mm f1.4 lens, which was just a re-branded version of the Panasonic Leica 15mm. I'm curious what DJI gets out of this new partnership, assuming it's all related. 

DJI gets to bring focus to the alliance.

7 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

I'm curious what DJI gets out of this new partnership, assuming it's all related. 

Licensing their tech for $ for one thing…

Panasonic have something like less than 5% market share right now, but if they can start producing higher selling units, then a win-win for both parties.

23 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Licensing their tech for $ for one thing…

Panasonic have something like less than 5% market share right now, but if they can start producing higher selling units, then a win-win for both parties.

This will all be assuming that any of this LiDAR tech is any good... remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, John Matthews said:

This will all be assuming that any of this LiDAR tech is any good... remains to be seen.

My god it better be good or the internet will explode with rage! Lumix cameras will be burnt in their dozens (according to the latest sales figures), Panasonic reps will receive several hate tweets (now permitted) whilst the remaining doubters will be carried over onto the populist march to total dominance by Sony.

I agree. I think old Pannyboy are supping in the Last Chance Saloon right now when it comes to ‘perceived reputation’ with the great unwashed.

Those less hysterical and in the know, know they have near or actual class-leading kit in most regards and it’s just that actual and perceived AF ‘limitation’.

Maybe one day soon there will be more info one way or the other…

3 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

Maybe one day soon there will be more info one way or the other…

I'm beginning to think we've tricked ourselves into believing something great might happen when it's probably going to be another get together where a Panny rep says "we know the AF isn't up to much but we are looking into it. would you like some more sushi internet guy?"

• Andrew Reid changed the title to Panasonic S5 II (What does Panasonic have up their sleeve?)