Sign in to follow this  
DevonChris

Any recommendations for Contax To Nikon F Mount adaptors?

Hi

Has anyone got any recommendations for the best CY to Nikon F Mount adaptors?

There seem to be a few different makes about, but some don't focus to infinity and I think the Fotodiox one contains a glass element, so I'm not sure how good it is.

Thanks

Chris

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks for your help. guys.

I wouldn't want to modify the Contax lenses as I need them for other cameras.  The Leitax mount is firmly screwed to the lens, IIRC.

It looks like I should just stick to F mount lenses.

Chris

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By salim
      I have a new (never used, except to do an optical test on it against other lens) Contax Zeiss 28-85 f3.3-4 lens.  Lens has been sitting in it's original box, and packaging. Essentially brand new.
      I would grade it 10.  Only thing there might me mark from when I was taking a photo of it on my table, and I think I might have caused some discoloration on the paint marking on the body of the lens somewhere, I can't see it now, but I'm sure if I examine under bright light I might be able to spot it. 

I use to collect contax zeiss lenses I still have a few more left (message me if there is a specific lens you need and I might just have it and might want to sell it) this came from my collection. 

Message me if you want to see some photos of it. 

I like to get $300 for it .It's hard to find this lens in such a pristine condition anymore in US. Buyer pays shipping and Paypal fees. I'm "semorg" on eBay if you want to see my rating.  
    • By norliss
      In excellent, little used condition, complete with box, pouch etc. This is fitted with the high quality Leitax lens-mount adapter so it's good for a rock-solid fit to Canon EF mount cameras although this can be removed if you want to take it back to its original Contax/Yashica (C/Y) mount. £230GBP.
      I can add/supply some pictures if there's any interest....
    • By dwijip
      Been shooting out in the forest last sunday with the Contax Zeiss 35-70 f3.4 and 80-200 f4. The 100-300 which is supposed to be better has yet to arrive. I find that 80-200 is much better without a teleconverter attached to it, much more crisp images. Graded using filmconvert and loving it. I think the contax glass lineup compliments what filmconvert tries to do.
      On a sidenote, I got lost during filming couple of times in the bush. I think I got disoriented while trying to avoid the race tracks. There was no signal and phone battery was on 5%. I hated myself for walking into the forest so unprepared. Almost went to the point of panic until I eventually found my way back. Never knew I would need orienteering skills for filming. Thank god I took minimal gear that day. Below is the video.