Anamorphic 1.5

anamarphicshop.com

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Nice to see the big man back here.  where you been Stanley?  

been in jail i got into a dispute with a guy on here a budha called burnett rocky roads who seemed to think the slr magic was better than a panavision c.

i eneded up shattering his wanna be leica china optics over his fat head a kaleidoscopic mosaic of milk bottle optics.the destruction  seemed to improve the look i think.

the judge gave me a light setence after i showed him some youtube clips of the offending slr magic broke back flarings : )

Hey, guys,  does anyone know what rail mount he is using?

The hoop mount thing?

Where can I get one? It's hard to find something when you don't know what it's called.

Thanks!

Good quality and cheap, have look.

Very similar.

http://www.linkdelight.com/PK013-FOTGA-DP500-15mm-Rail-Rod-Support-Release-Plate.html

Thanks for the link. But I guess I wasn't clear enough. I'm looking for the circular device that is mounted on the rails and holds the lens.

Sorry for the confusion, I realize I'm not being entirely clear. I'm just not sure what to call it. "Lens hoop" "Anamorphic lens holder" "Rail mounted lens clamp"....

I've found something similar, but the one in the video is far more compact.

Thanks for the link. But I guess I wasn't clear enough. I'm looking for the circular device that is mounted on the rails and holds the lens.

Sorry for the confusion, I realize I'm not being entirely clear. I'm just not sure what to call it. "Lens hoop" "Anamorphic lens holder" "Rail mounted lens clamp"....

I've found something similar, but the one in the video is far more compact.

Sorry  :( but I don't know where to buy that, really sorry.

I am sure someone else will tell you that, come on guys hurry up!! 

Damn... Getting very tempted into ordering one. If those rail mount rings are included, it would also ease up the setup of the Isco Ultrastar. It can be a pain to get it aligned properly with clamps when you want to switch taking lenses.

My main issue with the Ultrastar has always been the hassle with the mounting and the double focusing. Seems like this FM lens would solve both my pet peeves with it!

I've heard people not liking the look of the Ultrastars (maybe due to lack of flares), but I must say I kinda like the look myself: http://imgur.com/a/p2tz0

What taking lens are you using in these shots?

I took these stills when I wanted to find out the performance of the Ultrastar. I was waiting for my preorder of the D800, so I had to shoot it on my APS-C Nikon D200. Mostly shot at f/5.6 to f/11 in APS-C to see how sharp the Ultrastar was.

Most shots, probably all of these shots were with the Nikkor AI-S 105mm f/2.5. I've found that the Ultrastar performs nicely with that one, both in APS-C & full frame.

For APS-C you can go as wide as 50mm f/1.4 on the Ultrastars, which is pretty wide. But I prefer using the Ultrastar with the AI-S 85mm f/2 or AI-S 105mm f/2.5 as taking lenses, be it on full frame or APS-C.