Anamorphic 1.5

anamarphicshop.com

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Definitely looks like the aperture is open wide.  Feels like when a lomo square is shot at f2 and really needs stopping down a tad - in a good way - looks how a fast 2x anamorphic should do.  If it does this with the attachment being hand held I cant wait to see it used properly.

Need to know anamorphic used, the diameter of the elements and the amount of rotations it needed for this pull.  

Definitely looks like the aperture is open wide.  Feels like when a lomo square is shot at f2 and really needs stopping down a tad - in a good way - looks how a fast 2x anamorphic should do.  If it does this with the attachment being hand held I cant wait to see it used properly.

Need to know anamorphic used, the diameter of the elements and the amount of rotations it needed for this pull.  

Rear mount 34mm thread, front 30mm thread, no rotation.

IMHO, pros: center sharpness, focusing distance, all metal with both caps, very potable for travel and fun. 1.5x exactly, no reduce necessary.

cons: edge CA, small lenses(especially front glasses), so small image field that lacks of prime lens could be used,  mounting way.  

How the heck is he doing this? I can't wait to learn more.

Hey Nick, if you don't mind I will have a stab at answering your question :)

Remember the discount voucher I sent over to you to get those $4 lenses from Surplus Shed back in January when we were discussing these things? Well, completely out of the blue Tony Wilson contacted me last week suggesting I was using the exact same focal lengths as those $4 dollar optics that we bought, amazing coincidence for sure :)

Rectilux is very very different from a $4 optic.

When the information about the focus throw in millimeters from near to far of this FM lens gets out, then we will know for sure what focal lengths are being used.

Perhaps when or if anamorphicshopcom (Mr Mindaugas Komskis) decides to make a personal appearance here, then he will fill in the blanks. I am looking forward to that. 

I am also looking forward to seeing the footage with all the scopes it is claimed to work with.

looking forward to mount it on my sankor 16D

I only hope is not too expensive!!!

fantastic design by the looks of it.  interested to see how the long shroud might be removed/changed? for fitment to other anamorphics.  Lovely large optic to accommodate the focus throw required for the 0.5m minimum focus (without vignette I imagine).  front thread is spaced out from the optic to clearance and further reduced chance of vignette at full focus extension.    looks like something designed very nicely from the ground up with a real bit of mechanical design rather than an ebay helicoid, a plumbing fitting and a pair of tiny off the shelf singlets.  bet the price is reasonable too...

all of these are variations of an isco theme.

unless one notices a patent pending logo that is.

nothing new under the sun. this isco jacket sure looks nice very nice.

john the recipe i gave you was from one of my destroyed iscoramas  i cannot see why you mentioned me here mentioning  a private email.

not good no sir.

anyway you are a mod staff here so i am sure you know and understand the ethics and rules better than me. whoever this guy is he looks like he done a sweet job yes sir and i bet it will be a good price yes sir.

i am not an engineer but i sure likes pretty looking metal

fantastic design by the looks of it.  interested to see how the long shroud might be removed/changed? for fitment to other anamorphics.  Lovely large optic to accommodate the focus throw required for the 0.5m minimum focus (without vignette I imagine).  front thread is spaced out from the optic to clearance and further reduced chance of vignette at full focus extension.    looks like something designed very nicely from the ground up with a real bit of mechanical design rather than an ebay helicoid, a plumbing fitting and a pair of tiny off the shelf singlets.  bet the price is reasonable too...

Dear Richard,

Andrew Reid has requested that I be friendly and respectful in my dealings with you.

Please tell how this can work when you are being so disingenuous?

sincerely yours,

John

?  You;re nuts man.  really mad.  This is a forum, not a pace of work, so stop taking things so seriously.

You talk down rudely about this FM focuser, making ill informed suggestions that the optic is possibly some $4 off the shelf pieces of glass.  You also seem to be giving Nick (Quick hit record) and redstan (Tony Wilson) public tellings off....  I for one was speaking to Nick with regard to his own hard work on his little bell and howell project and it seems funny you had been talking to him (since it now turns out what he was planning would have affected your own plans).

A quote from your previous post:-

QuickHitRecord, on 03 Sept 2014 - 7:16 PM, said:snapback.png

How the heck is he doing this? I can't wait to learn more.

Hey Nick, if you don't mind I will have a stab at answering your question  :)

Remember the discount voucher I sent over to you to get those $4 lenses from Surplus Shed back in January when we were discussing these things? Well, completely out of the blue Tony Wilson contacted me last week suggesting I was using the exact same focal lengths as those $4 dollar optics that we bought, amazing coincidence for sure  :)

Rectilux is very very different from a $4 optic.

When the information about the focus throw in millimeters from near to far of this FM lens gets out, then we will know for sure what focal lengths are being used.

Perhaps when or if anamorphicshopcom (Mr Mindaugas Komskis) decides to make a personal appearance here, then he will fill in the blanks. I am looking forward to that. 

I am also looking forward to seeing the footage with all the scopes it is claimed to work with."

Don;t for one second tell us that your post was anything other than an attack on the unit we're discussing and getting excited about here (positively as forum members - not business men).  You on other other hand used the thread to bring up your own unit.  From day one it has seemed you've only been here for business reasons.  

Come on man.  We've all seen your repeated condescending remarks towards others here - including myself.  I distinctly remember the time of your arrival here when we were discussing use of a tokina +0.4 as a sharpening aid for optics such as the century and despite not having any practical experience with such items you were very quick to disregard experiences of others (including myself).  But worse, people like Redstan, Andrew Reid and others who I and many other consider some of the most well informed anamorphic enthusiasts in the world.  If i recall you said something along the lines of "You have no idea who you are talking to do you?"  to myself when i brought up my findings from using the century and the tokina.  As a result I have been eagerly awaiting the 'marvel' you have been repeatedly bringing up over the last years.  Finally you announce this marvel and it's not really anything worth getting excited about.  Footage tells a million words and unfortunately I have yet to see anything from you to back up your very powerful talk.  And as such you;ve compelled me to come in now and then and promote some discussion and critique - my back up of the iscorama you disregard in your own thread - I've shot the tests you suggested, proving my theory.  God knows why.  maybe it was just to re cement my own experiences in my head.  edited it too, but can;t even be bothered to upload it and waste vimeo bandwidth.       

Walk the walk as well as talking the talk and maybe you won't have to see people talking the truth in a maybe rather negative way.  

Nothing in my previous post was particularly unfair when considering how you behave here.  the focus mechanics you've shown look like you've taken a £60 helicoid and lathe turned the notches off to disguise it.  If there wasn't such big talk here I'd have let that one slip.

The talk, the price, the attitude...  it's all wrong man.   

Dear Richard

My words are just words, I am guessing that you must be providing the emotion and your spin on my words

Once again I am being friendly and respectful, despite your straw-manning comments and insults.

Andrew Reid told me he would like to see a level playing field and so would I.

Why don't you invite Mindaugas Komskis to join this discussion?. I am getting the impression you are acting on his behalf.

sincerely yours,

John

Dear Richard

My words are just words, I am guessing that you must be providing the emotion.

Once again I am being friendly and respectful, despite your straw-manning comments and insults.

Andrew Reid told me he would like to see a level playing field and so would I.

Why don't you invite Mindaugas Komskis to join this discussion?. I am getting the impression you are acting on his behalf.

sincerely yours,

John

Nope.  I'm Dog Schidt Optiks in my day job, and Richard Gale on the EosHD forums.  I wish I'd gone ahead with a similar thing about a year ago when myself and Hans_Punk were talking about putting together a DSO Iscorama copy very similar to what FM have done and what you have tried.  I myself don't feel patent infringement is a good way to create products (if this is infact the case).  

I'm not in the anamorphic business (Yet)  But i will be, and I don't intend to be repurposing projection optics since they present far to many problems to pro's wanting wide (f-35mm anamorphic).  In any case I dont think the bloke behind FM (I love the way you know his full name) needs anyone talking on his behalf since his footage and product is showing great promise - personally all i know him as is 'MK' when i messaged him asking to be put on the waiting list for his unit.  

John,

I don't appreciate content from our private offline conversations being referenced here, and I feel the need to state that I am in no way affiliated with John's Rectilux. We were merely comparing exploratory notes.

Respectfully, I suggest that the moderation of this forum be handled by a neutral party who has no commercial aspirations.

Nick