Short horror film shot entirely by ONE GUY getting lots of praised.

M.N

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Amazing work Max. I loved it! Can you share any insights on how you made the film? What gear, etc.?

Thanks man! There's not much to share I jsut did with what I had. Lighting was mostly from home depot. I built a DIY track for dolly shots, I was shooting with Blackmagic MFT with Rokinon cine lenses. The sound was 50% post, foley, adr, taken with rode ntg3.

It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of fucking around.

Thanks fro watching!

Loved it. Very impressive indeed. In a strange way your film's occasional moments of "amateurishness" (which didn't bother me by the end) seem to contribute to the scariness. 

Did you worry about scaring your niece? She looked genuinely terrified in the basement scene!

By the way, you probably know this, but just in case you don't, there is an audio watermark (a woman saying "... dot com") at about 14min.

Brilliant film. Now start the next one!

Loved it. Very impressive indeed. In a strange way your film's occasional moments of "amateurishness" (which didn't bother me by the end) seem to contribute to the scariness. 

Did you worry about scaring your niece? She looked genuinely terrified in the basement scene!

By the way, you probably know this, but just in case you don't, there is an audio watermark (a woman saying "... dot com") at about 14min.

Brilliant film. Now start the next one!

First off, thank you!

My niece didn't know she was in a horror movie. I remember shooting this scene with her, alone in the basement, and I would just tell her ''open your eyes wide...wider...widerrrrr'' lol... it worked perfecetly

I DID NOT KNOW about the dotcom watermark at 14min. That really pisses me off.  I would download the music I thought would go into the film and place the demofiles on my timeline. The last thing I did in editing was go and purchase all the music/sfx and discard those I didn't want. Then I was faced with the task of manually going over every demo sound file and replace them with the clean, purchased file from pond5. Looks like there's a demo soundfile in there I forgot to change...

BTW, anyone knows an easier way of doing this? As I was editing the film I was also downloading preview music from pond 5 and adding it to my time line. (I did not want to purchase the music right away, because I figured I could easiy change my mind later on). 

It was a real pain going over the entire movie to replace the preview sound files with the purchased ones. 

Tips, anyone?

Can I suggest everyone who likes this film do the guy a favour and put a link to it on their twitter/fb/whatever. What this guy needs now is exposure ...

That would be, well, extremely appreciated!

Thanks a bunch for suggesting that Matt! In French, you're what we call a ''chic type'' -- or great guy ;)

Horror can either be incredible or corny.  That's incredible!  The shots are so beautifully done.

Many of the greatest people have had impairments.  Work through yours, and keep creating films.

Michael

Thank you sir :)

I checked out your short movie and...

Wow, you bring forth inspiration to me. 

I'm a chicken when it comes to being creative, and I too, like to delve in making a movie.  Good settings, camerawork, lighting, sound they truly resemble a short movie, and only YOU and the support you have helped made that.

Be proud of yourself, better yet like others have said, put your work out on sites like Facebook (also, have you ever heard of Nofilmschool?).

Keep up at your craft, and I hope to see/hear more from you.

I checked out your short movie and...

Wow, you bring forth inspiration to me. 

I'm a chicken when it comes to being creative, and I too, like to delve in making a movie.  Good settings, camerawork, lighting, sound they truly resemble a short movie, and only YOU and the support you have helped made that.

Be proud of yourself, better yet like others have said, put your work out on sites like Facebook (also, have you ever heard of Nofilmschool?).

Keep up at your craft, and I hope to see/hear more from you.

Big thanks for the kind words buddy!

I submitted to nofilmschool.com and I'm awaiting a response...