Sony A7SOS

John D

Well here's a shot in the dark (pun intended!).  I'm ready to purchase the A7s but am concerned about the RS issue for my main subject material - dance.  Would anyone with the camera be willing to shoot someone running around for a minute or so in ff and aps-c mode and then post or send me the file so that I can see if it will work for my purposes?  Wearing a tutu is optional, of course.   ;)  I know this request is a bit of a stretch (more puns!) but with the DR and low light capabilities of this camera I'm hoping it will work out. 

Thanks in advance!  

John

PS - Just to say, as a college professor with two kids, I honestly can't afford to rent the camera to do my own test.  Let's see - new clothes for the kids or a camera rental for dad?  'Nuff said.  My school will be making the purchase for me and they aren't allowed to rent with state funds, hence this somewhat unusual request.  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

i own one, and would say running full frame is not an option unless you're locking down a tripod with a wide shot, and willing to process with anti rolling shutter post work.  rolling shutter is very prominent in handheld fast paced stuff.  in aps-c mode it's useable, but it's full frame mode where the real selling point of the cam comes into it's own..  speed booster and aps-c maybe?

i own one, and would say running full frame is not an option unless you're locking down a tripod with a wide shot, and willing to process with anti rolling shutter post work.  rolling shutter is very prominent in handheld fast paced stuff.  in aps-c mode it's useable, but it's full frame mode where the real selling point of the cam comes into it's own..  speed booster and aps-c maybe?

If it's a camera pan then the rolling shutter is fixable, but if it's a subject moving fast in a locked down shot, it's near impossible to get a good result, the plugin Rolling Shutter Repair in Adobe PR/AR doesn't even have local correction functions (you can only skew the entire frame). With Rolling Shutter plugin from The Foundry it's hard not to get any artifacts when doing a matte to isolate the subject.