Editing BMPCC in Premiere CS6

billputnamphoto

Hi gang - 

I just received the BMPCC and shot some video with it. So far I love it. Before diving too deeply into the awesomeness that is BMPCC I had a quick question about editing in Premiere CS6: 

What is the best codec to use? DSLR? AVCHD? Does it matter? 

Thanks in advance. Any other editing tips besides what codec would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Bill.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi gang -

I just received the BMPCC and shot some video with it. So far I love it. Before diving too deeply into the awesomeness that is BMPCC I had a quick question about editing in Premiere CS6:

What is the best codec to use? DSLR? AVCHD? Does it matter?

Thanks in advance. Any other editing tips besides what codec would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Bill.

With Premiere on Windows you could either render a master to the free DNxHD codec (similar to ProRes) or straight to the delivery codec ("for Youtube").

More important than that is the fact that you need to color correct, in fact grade every single shot. So make an informed decision between Speedgrade or Resolve asap. Don't even start changing anything within Premiere like so many others do. It has many tools but no suitable UI to use them for color.

Do the right thing and watch training courses/ read the manual.

Don't know.

Also I don't know the cheapest way to get ProRes into Quicktime. Does it suffice to buy Compressor alone?

I find it strange that if someone has a fast enough Mac to run CS6 he doesn't edit with FCP X. Lesser issues with XMLs to Resolve (compared to former versions AND to Premiere), very comfortable editing AND grading (for ProRes) right within the NLE - lets you do 95% of what you can do in Resolve, but with a simplistic GUI and the flattest learning curve.

Ah ok I'm on a MacBook Pro.

What I meant to ask was what is the best sequence preset to use for editing ProRes in Premiere CS6? AVC-Intra? AVCHD? DSLR? XDCAM? Does it matter?

Thanks.

If you drag your footage to the "new" option, premiere creates a sequence according to your footage. that usually is the best way. If not, try the arri alexa presets and choose with the correct frame rate