Panasonic UK not responding well to GH4 issues

Richard Gillespie

My Panasonic UK saga regarding the GH4 audio issue. 2 weeks ago I called the Panasonic UK service centre to ask them if they were aware of the problem, they said they had a bulletin from Panasonic and were aware of the problem. They suggested I send the camera in for repair with a 7 to 10 day turnaround. As of this morning, 2 weeks later, Panasonic have still not been able to provide them with the part. I have suggested that they replace the camera but Panasonic have said any new cameras in the UK would still have the problem. They are suggesting that the part will not be in the UK for another 2 weeks. The service centre have been good and have tried their best to keep me informed. I do feel that Panasonic UK are seriously letting me down, along with this problem and the fact there is still no 25p from the HDMI on the camera, my advice to anyone in the UK buying the camera for video use would be don't buy until all of these problems are fixed on units in stores.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

100% agree. Sorry this happened to you. I've had some major issues myself, and I know a lot of camera guys here in the US are saying the same thing. They are no doubt trying their best to unload the units with the issues. They don't want to eat that money. Nice to know people are becoming aware.

Camera failing..freezing during playback, burnt pixels, white spots, choppy video feed, audio issues, camera suddenly turning off in the middle of the take, options not working at all on EVF…I've had 2 copies of this camera and Ive had all these issues (even after the firmware update) so Im waiting now on my third copy of the cam. By waiting I mean until the new version with all updates are for sale, and people are not complaining (like myself) every single day anymore. Ill wait another 2 months at least before I purchase again.

Of course Ive had issues with lenses, adapters, batteries...but Im being stalked by a black cat so pay no attention to my nightmare

Sorry to hear that Richard. What seems unprofessional to me is that they accept the camera for repair knowing they won't be able to solve the issue for weeks... Design/firmware flaws are not Panasonic UK's fault but at least they should be honest about the solution -or lack of- and recommend that you send them the camera a month from now... In the meantime you could get familiar with the camera and the features that do work.