Sign in to follow this  
Teemu

Day in Berlin (my view of the city)

I was on a vacation at Berlin. Wanted to capture some moments from that lovely city by day and night time. Sidenote for myself: don't shoot anythingat the underground stations with a camera, because almost got arrested about that. :l

Please check and comment, Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Nice! You might have had more luck at underground stations if you moved a little further away from Alexanderplatz. That and the stations between Hauptbahhof are regularly staffed with attendants who will tell you to leave if you film. We had some problems at Warshauer Str. for a shoot last weekend, but as long as you say it's for a student project and you're not filming any individuals, you'll be fine.

Anyway, nice little short. I like that you exclusively used tripod shots. Refreshing not to see one bit of wobbly footage.

Nice! You might have had more luck at underground stations if you moved a little further away from Alexanderplatz. That and the stations between Hauptbahhof are regularly staffed with attendants who will tell you to leave if you film. We had some problems at Warshauer Str. for a shoot last weekend, but as long as you say it's for a student project and you're not filming any individuals, you'll be fine.
Anyway, nice little short. I like that you exclusively used tripod shots. Refreshing not to see one bit of wobbly footage.

I don't remember exactly what was the station that I shot at. I tried to google German underground station that has longest escalators. Hmm... Maybe it was that Hauptbahhof that you mentioned?

Nice to hear that you appreciate using tripod in these shots. Actually I have had quite a while this "I want to shoot long takes on a tripod and trust that those takes last". I do this for living also and now days it feels every project are so "quick and dirty", "fast cuts", "handheld", "faster, faster, FASTER". That I'm a bit tired of it. I shot quite long takes when doing this. It came even bit faster tempo because of the music that I orginally thought. But works quite well for my like.

Viewers are getting so fast tired for the footage if nothing happens... Just like people are today. If Google page isn't opened in three seconds after clicking the browser icon, you flip out "what the hell!" :D

Thanks for watching, liking and commenting! :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Eric Yeong
      Hi Guys, anyone here has shot timelapse with GH5s? Lately, I had a project shooting timelapse with it... and had some issues.
      The first problem, intermittently... the camera will stop shooting and came out a dialogue box that asked me to turn off and on the camera. After reboot the camera, the camera will continue shooting the timelapse in the same sequence... but the problem will come again couple of times in random. The interval of my timelapse is around 5sec per frame.
      second, my setup was 5sec interval.... set at aperture priority, Lumix 7-14mm... shooting day to night timelapse... when the shutter hit more than a second... sometimes it opened not not closing back... and cause the camera to jam and keep recording... hanged and not responding.. had to take out the camera battery to reactivate the camera.
      third issue... when rendering the timelapse into 4k video, it splitted into few different video files... probably cause by the camera stopped or hanged half way... but the camera didn’t indicate it stop the timelapse sequence... it just says ‘pause’....
      Any thoughts or sharing would be much appreciated.
      thanks, Eric.

• By DaveAltizer
      Had a blast making this today! All shot and edited today, then showed to the live audience on the stage. REALLY fun to witness and create. 

• By Liszon
      Hey everyone,
      I have a Konova Motorized Smart Pan & Tilt Head for sale here!
      -------------------------------------

Perfect for pre-programmed time-lapses and it can be used for live motion as well. Works on any slider made by Konova (I have a K7) supports both the basic and the smart motion controllers. It would even work on a tripod or a 3rd party slider if you buy one of the Konova controllers.
      High capacity motors, excellent built quality, the pan axis can hold 10 kilograms the tilt axis has a 5kg payload.
      Full specifications above:
      http://bit.ly/2jLpVh3
      Comes with all factory accessories, carrying case/cables/instruction manual, even the original cardboard box:
      http://bit.ly/2jZ8pTy
      The baby is in pristine condition, only tried and tested because I bought it for a project that probably won't happen.
      Asking £390 - UK shipping included, EU shipping can be arranged for a little extra. Payment via PayPal or simple bank transfer (domestic sale only).
      A few videos to show you how it works in action:

• By ExcitingRussia
      This video was recorded close to Shirokovskaya hydrostation (Russia, Perm region). 
      The hydrostation was built mostly by German prisoners of war during the world war second years.
      Video shows satellites motion, Perseids star stream and the Milky Way. Almost 2000 frames were made for 8 recording hours.
      Camera:
      Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
      Lens:
      Panasonic 14-140mm f/4.0-5.8
      Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Canon EF (Zhongyi Lens Turbo adapter EF-m43)
      Samyang 24mm f/1.4 Canon EF (Zhongyi Lens Turbo adapter EF-m43)

• By Naive Studio
      Latest work shot on the Sony A7SII in PP5 due to indoor light restrictions. Time-lapse work via the A7II, all with Zeiss E-Mount lenses.
      Loxia 50mm and 35mm, final time-lapse with the Zeiss Touit 12mm in aps-c crop. Cut and graded in FCPX. Love to know what people think?

THFKDLF headed out to Bright Tradeshow, Berlin to showcase their upcoming collections and produce a capsule over the 3 day show. Here is what happened.
      Bright is an original platform which conveys a snapshot of modern lifestyle within an atmosphere relevant to its target group. Since culture is in constant motion, and the influences of its trends are always evolving, the element of its perception fluctuates between art, sport and music. Above all, authenticity is the leading component.
      thfkdlf.com / brighttradeshow.com / ae-sewingmachines.co.uk
      Filmed on the Sony A7SII
      Rig: Movcam A7SII cage
      Timelapse: Sony A7II
      Lenses: Zeiss Loxia 35mm f2 / 50mm f2
      4K / 1920 x 1080 HD / 16:9 / 24fps
      Music: Ember Island - Can't feel my face
      Album - 3 Roses x Ember Island Cover
      Label: Non