Fujifilm AF system lenses

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 11/28/2022 at 4:21 AM, Emanuel said:

Continuous tracking face/eye focus? On video?

This guy is not happy with his XH2 performance for stills work:

As much as I want to move to Fuji, this is what keeps me in Sony camp. The subject/face/eye AF is just remarkable - with both photos and video - on my a7IV and the 2.5 year old a7sIII. And you don't need the latest GM linear lenses for excellent results, I use the pedestrian 35/85 1.8's and they're brilliant performers. I'm farsighted with glasses for reading, when shooting outside its tough to see both my subject and the LCD without constantly shuffling my glasses around. So I mostly rely on either the EVF or Sony's touch tracking (something Fuji also lacks) and I rarely miss a shot.

I really want to see Fuji reach Canon/Sony and even Z9 levels, but they just can't seem to crack the code. I was about to sell my a6300 and some other rarely used gear (looking at you Ninja V impulse purchase LOL!) to tinker with the XH2, but I'm pausing that plan until Fuji addresses this with an update.

Cheers

Chris

Slightly off topic.
But how do the Viltrox XF lenses compare to the Sigma XF lenses and  Fuji XF lenses regarding the AF performance?
Especially asking AF performance for video. I sometimes use AF for slow motion detail shots, following/tracking shots. So not asking for talking heads, Youtube or such.

Interested in these focal lenghts

13mm f1.4 vs Fuji 16mm f1.4

23mm f1.4 (viltrox vs old Fuji)

56mm f1.4 vs Fuji 56 f1.2 old version

2 hours ago, D Verco said:

Yes. I shot 5 weddings recently and it worked pretty well on all of them. This is the only one I've edited so far (a few shots were MF with an old nikon lens)

Pleasant pictures out there : ) I guess it may fit when not under more demanding focus challenge? Or depending on the lenses used by you? What exactly lenses have performed fine for such results you've noticed?

3 hours ago, Rhood said:

Slightly off topic.
But how do the Viltrox XF lenses compare to the Sigma XF lenses and  Fuji XF lenses regarding the AF performance?
Especially asking AF performance for video. I sometimes use AF for slow motion detail shots, following/tracking shots. So not asking for talking heads, Youtube or such.

No, not at all! : ) Thanks for asking, wondering about the same!

On 11/30/2022 at 7:41 PM, Rhood said:

Slightly off topic.

Have the 85mm and just got the 13mm Viltrox. Did not test them too much for video, but for stills, the 85mm is lightning fast, on par or better than my Fujicrons (35mm and 50mm). The 13mm looks snappy too.

And Viltrox updates constantly their firmwares - the 23mm was very bad for video, some firmwares later is great.