Black Friday Discount Purchases - What's on your shopping list?

majoraxis

Once a year we have the opportunity to fill in the gaps or expand our capabilities at potentially the best prices of the year. What's on your shopping? Here's some of my favorite Black Friday discounted purchases:

1. Topaz Labs Everything Bundle (Topaz Video AI, Topaz Photo AI, Topaz Sharpen AI, Topaz Gigapixal AI, Topaz DeNoise AI) all for $279

2. Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Publisher 2, and the iPad version of each, all for $99

3. WaveLab 11 for 50% off  and even more because of the exchange rate if you purchase through www.bestservice.com

4. Sonoris Mastering Compressor 25% off.

5. Relab Developments LX480 Dual-Engine Reverb V4 (basically a perfect copy of the Lexicon 480L dual engine reverb) for 50% off.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

New Mac to replace my fully specced iMac late 2013 (has been a great work horse but I'm tired of work in proxies with 4K 10 bit).

I'm torn between a 16" MacBook Pro with 1TB and 16gb ram, the base Mac Studio or a Mac Mini with 16gb 512GB ( cheap option for a year or so).

Also curious what others have on their list, especially for deals in Europe.

Affinity Photo 2, Designer 2 and Publisher 2 is on my list as well. Although I only have use for Affinity Photo 2...

Might go for one of the Aputure deals.
Also looking at a new iPhone (refurbished).

Doubt I'll buy anything this Black Friday (although the 30% discount on the +4 Plugin from Sound Devices is very tempting, puts the price for it under US$700), but I did just get emailed a notification for these discounts which are pretty darn good:

Zoom F2-BT Ultracompact Bluetooth-Enabled Portable Field Recorder with Lavalier Microphone
Previous Price: $229.99
Price Drop: -$50.00
Current Price: $179.99

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1603896-REG/zoom_zf2bt_f2_bt_ultracompact_bluetooth_enabled_portable.html

Panasonic Lumix GH6 Mirrorless Camera
Previous Price: $2197.99
Price Drop: -$500.00
Current Price: $1697.99

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1641783-REG/panasonic_gh_series_mirrorless_cameras.html

Not specifically Black Friday... but most retailers have had big reductions on Godox gear for the past couple of weeks. You can get a Knowled M600D for the same price as most ~300W units. Wish I'd waited a few extra days before pulling the trigger on my Forza 720 - I could've paid about 45% less for a very similar light.

1 hour ago, PannySVHS said:

None of the above interests me fortunately, so I can save my money! 🙂

I remember some of the Walimex / Samyand deals a few months ago, like each lens costing from 150 to 250 EUR! That was a fantastic deal for sure!

For sure I should have acted on those stupid cheap Samyang lenses. The 14mm 2.8 was like $130!  And it’s a full frame lens too!!!

That's what I have been thinking. But then again, saved some money.:) The 14mm F2.8 is S35 though afaik. The one I was using was nothing to write home about. Mushy below F8 and not close to resolving 4k at any f-stop. Maybe my sample was a baddy. Now that Zeiss ZF 15mm is a tasty one or ZE for EF lovers of eletric contacts, ZF is hundred percent mechanical. Beautiful super wide angle gem.

1 hour ago, PannySVHS said:

That's what I have been thinking. But then again, saved some money.:) The 14mm F2.8 is S35 though afaik. The one I was using was nothing to write home about. Mushy below F8 and not close to resolving 4k at any f-stop. Maybe my sample was a baddy. Now that Zeiss ZF 15mm is a tasty one or ZE for EF lovers of eletric contacts, ZF is hundred percent mechanical. Beautiful super wide angle gem.

Actually the 14mm is full frame!  The 12mm F2 is the one that is crop sensor. 

• 2 weeks later...

Darn, I should have gotten a GH6 at these prices! But fantastic deals were gone quickly like a 1649 price from the seller plus 400 cashback from Panasonic. 1249 would have been perfect! Then I waited two or days or so. Duh. All I could  find was around around 1700 after cashback. After holding a GH4 in my hand again yesterday, which i bought a few weeks ago, I adore its built and feel, akwardly moreso than the Gh5. What it shows me I dont like my S1 too much. If only the S5 had a full Hdmi. Gh6 has it. 

Btw, the Walimex at offer back then was the 14mm for S35, not a FF variante. Anyway...