Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera for $495

Bruno

That's great news!
Looks like they're trying to clean up their image and get back on track.
Or maybe they finally sorted most of the hardware issues and are now finally focusing on the software side. Either way, it's great to see these cameras unleashing their full potential.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

That's great news!
Looks like they're trying to clean up their image and get back on track.
Or maybe they finally sorted most of the hardware issues and are now finally focusing on the software side. Either way, it's great to see these cameras unleashing their full potential.

Software?!

I think what this means new hardware this fall.

Get it, it's a bargain. Enjoy summer with it. But realise that come October you might want to get the next one :) For me it seems like a temporary purchase, not that it will ever expire, but the march of technology is relentless at the mo.

Andrew, just out of curiosity, does this mean you know something that you can't tell us, or are you simply stating what is most likely the obvious hand writing on the wall?

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

It's real. ProRes 422 AND ProRes LT for all Blackmagic cameras!

Histogram and audio meters coming.

Blackmagic are going to own the independent filmmaking market

I went to order at BH Photo and they are temporarily out of stock.  

newegg has stock with a free sd card, but no returns, no refunds. If you have warranty issues you will have the standard 1 year with BMD.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

There's a super 16mm 4K sensor in one of their Studio Cameras. I expect a 4K pocket camera in the next generation.

At $495 let 'em come out with a new one. I'd want to let a new one simmer and season for a year to get the bugs out before I jump on that bandwagon. Also if they announce in September god knows when you'll see it. BM aren't exactly known for delivering on announced dates. I'm just hoping I get the back-ordered one I ordered from B&H.

There's a super 16mm 4K sensor in one of their Studio Cameras. I expect a 4K pocket camera in the next generation.

Judging by the Studio Camera 4K dimentions:

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicstudiocamera/techspecs/W-CST-02

Just by removing big lcd screen from back you get quite small camera:

5 in x 5 in x 2.7 in (Pocket is 5 in x 2.6 in x1.5 in)

So i hope they will come with Pocket 4k.

My supplier has indeed increased the price of the BMPCC to a normal level.  I'm guessing they have been instructed by Blackmagic, no doubt having received enough orders at the reduced price, well ahead of their estimated promotion running through to the end of Aug!

Glad I got my order in!   :)