Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera for $495

Bruno

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Nice!

Completely weird though to have a summer discount for _half the price_ and hike it up back to 995 after the summer.

Stock clearance, to release a new model (full price) in september would make sense. But who the hell is going to buy this for the full price in september?

Nice!

Completely weird though to have a summer discount for _half the price_ and hike it up back to 995 after the summer.

Stock clearance, to release a new model (full price) in september would make sense. But who the hell is going to buy this for the full price in september?

Might not actually go back to full price- would make sense to me if it was just something they were saying to add a sense of urgency for people to buy it now.

Might not actually go back to full price- would make sense to me if it was just something they were saying to add a sense of urgency for people to buy it now.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. But that's just lying. I know marketing often is ;) but still, I think it's stupid. We'll see what happens.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

That is absolutely ridiculous. I don't like the camera much but I am sold. 

Even if I'll use it as an extra angle someday somehow,

or use it for green screen work one day, 

I sold mine because I wasn't using it, though I loved it.  They must have manufactured a lot more than they're on track to selling within a year.  My guess is that the next version will have a better screen, might be 4K, better focus, audio, etc. There's probably a limit to what they can do firm-ware wise.  The BMPCC is a lot like those Sigma DP cameras.  I believe it will be many years before the camera is obsolete for the special thing it does.  Aliasing/moire is the biggest problem with the camera, but if that doesn't bother you, or you can work around, it delivers a beautiful image.  In certain circumstances, it is STILL an image you can't get with any other small camera and STILL an image that you need to spend $3,000+ to get with other cameras.  At this price, I need to get one again.

When I bought the GM1 I also bought a Clearviewer--which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.  I'm hoping this will make the BMPCC easier to use because the external loup was/is big and cumbersome.  Will let everyone know.

• Administrators

Get it, it's a bargain. Enjoy summer with it. But realise that come October you might want to get the next one :) For me it seems like a temporary purchase, not that it will ever expire, but the march of technology is relentless at the mo.

Wowsers. That's a killer price. I also vote for people to buy.

The pocket is already worth 20x times what I originally paid for it. And it's only been 7 months. ;)

I've use it for high end real estate videos. Shooting RAW on an edelkrone motorized slider/head I can pull off layered sequences. I kinda feel bad about the photogs I bumped for work, but hey, I'm able to do what they do, only with thousands of frames. I'm sure someday too I will become a fossil.

Wowsers. That's a killer price. I also vote for people to buy.

The pocket is already worth 20x times what I originally paid for it. And it's only been 7 months. ;)

I've use it for high end real estate videos. Shooting RAW on an edelkrone motorized slider/head I can pull off layered sequences. I kinda feel bad about the photogs I bumped for work, but hey, I'm able to do what they do, only with thousands of frames. I'm sure someday too I will become a fossil.

I'm curious - do you have a sample of your work to show? I'm not a fan of the BMPCC but if you can show me the applications I just might be!

Could these be the problematic cameras that people have been returning over the past year and BM is trying to rid of them? Where I live people only give a 50% discount on things which a) nobody wants or B) are defective or c) are nearing expiration date.

What you described is what we in the United States refer to as illegal.

Nice!

Yeah.  Maybe it will go back up to full price but they won't have any more in stock.  People are going crazy buying these things.

Interesting.  Too bad that they didn't have the sale last year when I bought me a EOS-M (okay guys, go easy on me).  Sadly short on funds here, and just cheking the reviews on the make/model and the workflow of it.

My question is this - is it true that you can shoot 2K with the BMPCC or is it still 1080p?

Could these be the problematic cameras that people have been returning over the past year and BM is trying to rid of them?

The cameras they're selling for $495 are the same ones the stores were selling for $995 last week, they didn't ship new cameras specifically for this deal, so that doesn't make much sense.

It's likely they won't restock before the sale ends though, which will make the promotion limited to while stocks last, as they stated.

No idea if the price will ever go up, but at this price it's worth getting and keeping!