Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera for $495

Bruno

"Blackmagic Design today announced an exciting Summer Special discount for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera for the low price of US$495. With a normal recommended retail price of US$995, this Summer Special represents incredible value and is available for a limited time and will end on the 31st of August 2014...

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/press/pressdetails?releaseID=61418

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

The only way is also the best way :)

Metabones Speed Booster EF to BMPCC

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1064603-REG/metabones_mb_spef_bmpcc_bm1_canon_ef_to_bmpcc.html/BI/6943/KBID/7492

It goes to nearly Super 35 / APS-C with this.

Timing is good for you as the adapter is released on Friday (18th july).

at adorama u can Save up to $300.00 with bundle!!!! 

BMPCC $495
+
Metabones Leica R  Speed Booster $169
or
Metabones Nikon G Speed Booster $189

and this is insane:

BMPCC $495 + NEW Metabones Canon EF Lens to BMPCC Speed Booster $659 = $1154 - $300 = $854!!!!!

holy sh++++!

Lol.  So glad I didn't buy this camera.  A lot of people got burned.  If you aren't making money with your gear it's better just to wait.  Some people bidding on ebay haven't heard the news... Unfortunate.  I was actually looking at the BMCC a few weeks ago because the prices on the used BMPCC were just way too high.  Looks like my instincts were right.

The reason I focused more on the BMCC is it has less of a crop and it has an ef mount that allows IS.  Also it uses SSDs vs SD cards.  I also found the used pricing to be interesting.  I might actually be able to get a BMCC with full Resolve for $1500ish.  That's a $500 discount (25%).  You can't get a BMPCC for 25% off.  Once you take into account the price of Resolve the price difference between a BMPCC and a BMCC on the used market is not that much.

So now Blackmagic has gone and made it interesting.

I am not seeing that.  Here is what my cart shows BMPCC $495 + NEW Metabones Canon EF Lens to BMPCC Speed Booster =$1154-$100=$1,054.00

I refresh the page and you are right... They changed the discount from 300 to 100 :(

I'm very, very tempted by this. 

I've been craving RAW so badly recently. Last night I was shooting 7fps RAW bursts on my G6 just for a taste! Pointless.  :(