Lumix GX7 music video, it's not the size that matters

JLemos

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

wow the image quality is remarkable! i imagine professional studio lighting played a part in that.

Not much, just a set of 3 softbox lights from Linkstar wich are very cheap, close to 400€ for the 3 if i remember, a ring light http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walimex-Macro-Light-Bracket-Camera/dp/B002M3FGX4 like this one, a Meike FC100 Led Ring light like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Meike-Macro-Flash-FC100-Nikon/dp/B005KJZGYQ and a Yongnuo YN300 http://cheesycam.com/yongnuo-yn-300-led-video-light/

I was amazed how the footage handled when i was doing post-production.

Nice to watch a video and not think about the camera. The lighting in this was lovely, looked up a few sets immediately afterwards to see how much they'd set me back.

Anyway, thats beside the point, really liked it. I loved the shot of the stone (?) with the fire in the middle. I'm curious what the creative process is like on this? How do you brainstorm an idea for a shoot like this? A lot of it is very ambiguous and much of it is all about the power/aesthetic of the visuals I'm guessing.

Nice to watch a video and not think about the camera. The lighting in this was lovely, looked up a few sets immediately afterwards to see how much they'd set me back.

Anyway, thats beside the point, really liked it. I loved the shot of the stone (?) with the fire in the middle. I'm curious what the creative process is like on this? How do you brainstorm an idea for a shoot like this? A lot of it is very ambiguous and much of it is all about the power/aesthetic of the visuals I'm guessing.

Hello Greg.

Thanks.
The stone is a old ashtray that my parents had since i remember, no one knew were it was but everybody remembered it, i ended finding it in a old closet  :) 
The creative process in this was about not to think about a story in the beginning, thinking just in images, with time a storyline emerged made of several parts of that images. Researching for something takes you to other things that you can connect to it.

There were several parts of what we shoot that didn't end in the final cut, many of them were the main part of the original idea that we ended seeing they didn't work from a technical point of view.