New Fotodiox focal reducers

noone

http://www.fotodioxpro.com/lens-mount-adapters.html?price=100-150

They have released new focal reducers for M43 in Nikon and Canon FD mount (Excel+1).      More coming for E mount and others.

You get a free Light Canon (now sold as  a soft focus adapter) with one as well as a few dollars off to start.

The Light Canon is woeful as a focal reducer wide open but is ok with a good lens stopped down and might be good with a camera like the GH4.

I already have a m43 Light Canon but if I could get a E mount Light Canon as my freebie I might consider a FD Excel+1.

Might be good value (depending how good the Excel+1 adapters are)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Tempted to make the plunge but they haven't mentioned anything about the quality of the glass, which makes me suspicious.

True but they used to have a ok reputation and surely no company making optics could have TWO "Light Canons" and I am sure they would have tested these for a LONG while before announcing.

Also the Light Canon only has a single element.

i bought the light canon and then kept it for this to come out. they sent me one and it was still awful but this was awhile ago now and if it is just coming out maybe everyone sent it back and they kept working on it...Hopefully it is better but the Excell +1 they sent me was still really bad. It was heavier and thicker the lens stuck out more out the back....anyways if anyone gets some good test results let us know.

i bought the light canon and then kept it for this to come out. they sent me one and it was still awful but this was awhile ago now and if it is just coming out maybe everyone sent it back and they kept working on it...Hopefully it is better but the Excell +1 they sent me was still really bad. It was heavier and thicker the lens stuck out more out the back....anyways if anyone gets some good test results let us know.

Ok, that does not sound too promising.

Have you tried the Light Canon for video?

I am not good enough at video to really use it (yet) but I just get the impression it can have its uses.    

Did you try the Excel+1 for stills  as well as video?    I would have to think it would be more useable (the Light Canon seems ok with a lens like a Nikon 50 1.8 stopped down to around f4 to me.     Still not the sharpest but useable).

the problem is that there is a good version of this out there. i personally would rather pay a bit more and have a sharp image. The metabones speedboosters gave me a beautiful image on my XE1 and were a joy to use. I used the light canon for video and stills and even tried to sell both off for super cheap. Every person that tested the light canon and excell +1 wouldnt even buy it cheaper because the quality was so poor so I sent it back. Canon and Nikon already give us soft video I dont need a focal reducer to do it also.. you know? I dont even like the way it looks when it softens the image so not even useful as a special effects filter. Just get a sandwich bag and shoot through that.