A7S Short Film with quick thoughts and downloadable files

Oliver Lau

Got the sony A7s while back in Hong Kong for vacation, full user experience and review coming soon, be sure to let me know what you would like to know about the camera so i can put it in the review. I was fortunate enough to listen and talk to Den Lennie about the sony a7s, which has helped me greatly in understanding the camera.

This camera has amazing low light capabilities as claimed, some of the shots in this video were pushed to 64000 iso and still produced a usable image, around half of the shots were filmed in Slog-2. Say goodbye to the mushy canon dslr footage, the 1080 xacvs footage is detailed and has a good amount of wiggle room in post.
Some stills from the film

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Got the sony A7s while back in Hong Kong for vacation, full user experience and review coming soon, be sure to let me know what you would like to know about the camera so i can put it in the review.

The movie looks very nice.

It would be great if you could compare in your review Slog2 (minimum iso=3200) vs iso100:

- dynamic range in demanding scene (like dim indoor with daylight window)

- resolution/microcontrast (Not sure but I have seen in latest footages that people faces look a lot different in slog2 - skin looks like lost some details..).

That's very impressive.  Some great shots there!

What camera settings did you use?

What did you do in grading, and what software?  Any noise reduction used?

Did you run into any bugs/lockups with the a7S?

Thanks!

Michael