Found Sony a7S for £1339.50 brand new?

Oliver Daniel

As I'm really interested in the a7S, I had a browse around for prices and came across this:

http://panamoz.com/index.php/sony-ilce-7s-alpha-7s-a7s-full-frame-cmos-digital-camera-body-only.html

They are selling the a7S brand new for only £1339.50 inc.VAT, if paid by bank transfer.

This is insane, considering other online stores in the UK are selling for around £2099.

Does anybody know anything about this website? Why is it so cheap? Anything suspicious or 100% definitely correct?

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I just discovered Panamoz a few days ago as well.  Ordered a GH4 on Tuesday night, came today - it was sent by UPS.  Everything seems fine so far so no complaints from me.  It was the definitely the cheapest I could find it.  I've used Digitalrev a number of times previously but Panamoz seems generally cheaper though they don't have such a big range.  I cautiously also paid with a credit card to get the added protection, but as there were no issues think I would probably pay BACS in the future.

Pretty long time lurker here, saw this and thought I had something to add so it spurred me on to make my first post.  Hello!

You definitely won't have a warranty at that price, but the huge discount is probably worth it.

I have a feeling they're somehow getting them at internal discount prices and selling them on. That's not really allowed, so it may not last.

$2299AU or approx £1255 ( £1141 after gst refund) at a local camera shop in Perth Australia.

http://gerrygibbscamerawarehouse.com.au/sony-alpha-a7s-mirrorless-camera?cPath=405_865

Also a free lens adapter at $299AU via redemption.

Picked up my GH4 from there a few weeks ago with the 12-35mm panny lens for $2350AU or £1170 after gst refund.

Difference in price would pay the air ticket to collect!!

Edit:

The lens adapters are Metabones in Canon EF/ Nikon/Leica  flavours or a Sony A mount

http://www.sony.com.au/microsite/a7redemption/

You definitely won't have a warranty at that price, but the huge discount is probably worth it.

I have a feeling they're somehow getting them at internal discount prices and selling them on. That's not really allowed, so it may not last.

Their prices aren't much different from normal Hong Kong prices... I don't think these are internal discounts. I bought a GM1 body from HK last year for less than £300, for example.

So yeah, I think these GH4 cameras are imported from China/Hong Kong. They're probably bulk shipping them from HK to UK and declaring the value much lower to avoid taxes. So yeah, the warranty is probably for Asian markets only... which is why they Panamoz seems to give you their own warranty (they probably send it back to HK to get it fixed for you).

Their prices aren't much different from normal Hong Kong prices... I don't think these are internal discounts. I bought a GM1 body from HK last year for less than £300, for example.

So yeah, I think these GH4 cameras are imported from China/Hong Kong. They're probably bulk shipping them from HK to UK and declaring the value much lower to avoid taxes. So yeah, the warranty is probably for Asian markets only... which is why they Panamoz seems to give you their own warranty (they probably send it back to HK to get it fixed for you).

Ah I get it! Yeah it's just such a big discount I couldn't believe it, but I suppose it's just evidence of how much profit goes on UK sales...

have bought from Panamoz a few times - it does come from Hong Kong but arrives very quickly, and they will cover import duties if you get stung by them (I haven't) - have had no issues with any of the stuff so far, they also offer a 2 year warranty, am intrigued to see how they honour that but as I say no problems with anything I've got from them before. I would say go for it

And you don't pay import taxes in the UK? I wonder what happens if I buy this from iSpain.

2. How much is shipping?

For all orders, shipping is FREE. We use FedEx, TNT, DHL, and UPS Express services. They are extremely quick and secure.

** Note **

- Currently we ship to the UK, France, and Spain

- Sorry, we do not ship to Northern Ireland

3. Will I have to pay additional charges on delivery?

All our prices are final. There will be no additional charges.

From their website.

Honestly I don't understand how they don't pay custom taxes. In Spain you have to pay 21%(VAT) +3%(import taxes) +20€ (customs paper work with UPS), if you don't declare the true value you will also have to pay a penalty and go to the offices in Madrid personally to show them the bill, and since 3 years it's almost impossible to trick them (no gift shit,etc...)

On the other hand I just recieved a Bell and Howell anamorphic lens from the USA and they didn't stop it at customs (200$) which is kinda strange.

eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk used to have similar prices and they would pay the import duties; however, they changed their policies and now you have to pay the import duties. I'd bought a Nikon 5200 and Benro tripod back then. 

I asked Panamoz whether the GH4 is the HK version which doesn't have the recording cap and they said they are sourcing worldwide and they cannot guarantee that. I think they just don't want to reveal their secret :)