Canon R6 Mark II Announced

FHDcrew

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

As an R6 user, I can tell you this is going to be Canons best selling camera (which R6 already is). 

It finally eliminates recording time limits and overheating at 4K30p. That alone is major.

Adding false color, specific easy video menu, focus breathing comp and other video centric tools is fantastic. 

DPAF 2 is indeed killer.

The faster read out times surely means lower rolling shutter. 

Really seems like the perfect mid-tier mirrorless. I don't see any cripple hammer, aside from no ALL-I codec so you'll need an M1 Mac to edit the 10-bit Log footage. Aside from that detail this is an A7IV killer.

Needless to say my R6 is going up for sale today.

Here is a pretty good rundown of the camera:

Yes it seems to have sorted the 2 main issues I had with the camera - overheating in 4k 25p which would always happen after about 40 minutes whatever the weather, and the stupid 30 minute recording limit. RS should indeed be better, the only other weakness I felt was the dynamic range but that seems to be all across the Canon mirrorless range so not expecting any improvement there. The R6ii looks like a good solid camera that can hopefully be relied on to do a days work

13 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Sounds they fixed most of the bugs of the R5 and the R6, I hope they fixed the IBIS as well. The ibis on the panasonic camera's was way ahead. If its the same now, I might get one of these. 

seems like..NO

Can't they just keep the histogram on screen? Jesus..

It is just a firmware update away..but it seems that the decision is not made.

It would be a good buy if is less than the 2.799-2.899euros of the Sony A7iv here(which I doubt).

The R6 in Greece is 2.689, is the mkII keeping the same(/similar) pricing?

The sensor is a "simple" FSI, not stacked, not BSI, and 24mgpxls better than the previously 20 (I do crop a bit, sometimes, depends!), but when Sony offers 33mgpxls a number closer to 28 would be better (and more practical).

All in all is a much more "rounded" proposal that the previous one, but not as groundbreaking we all wished for..

People always want more but sometimes a refinement job is sufficient. We do get a new sensor with better rolling shutter performance and that allows 6K oversampling. New DPAF2 system. Detect only from C70. No overheating or record limits. False color. ProRes RAW via HDMI. Smart hotshoe for XLR. Breathing compensation. 10x zoom FHD. New video menu. Stills/video switch etc.

All this for yes the same price as the R6. and people are still complaining. 

A7IV has overheating issues, severe rolling shutter, a big 4K60p crop..  lower resolution lcd, lower burst rate.. I mean what good is a BSI sensor when it has such limitations? You need to look at the bigger picture pun intended 😉 

1 hour ago, Django said:

People always want more but sometimes a refinement job is sufficient. We do get a new sensor with better rolling shutter performance and that allows 6K oversampling. New DPAF2 system. Detect only from C70. No overheating or record limits. False color. ProRes RAW via HDMI. Smart hotshoe for XLR. Breathing compensation. 10x zoom FHD. New video menu. Stills/video switch etc.

All this for yes the same price as the R6. and people are still complaining. 

A7IV has overheating issues, severe rolling shutter, a big 4K60p crop..  lower resolution lcd, lower burst rate.. I mean what good is a BSI sensor when it has such limitations? You need to look at the bigger picture pun intended 😉 

As I said, I am already saving money! Canon is here and making all the right moves lately. I will be perfect with the R6mkII and the R7 (plus the Pocket 4K for now). It is just this notion that there are things left unchecked..once more.