An astounding Sony A7S low light test by Philip Bloom

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Can someone explain to me the creative benefit of the low light performance of this camera?

I'm a bit curious, as all I can work out that it would benefit me would be if I wanted to film at night a well lit scene, but had no lights. Then I could just make it look well lit. Which is really awesome! But that's the only benefit I can work out at the moment...?

Over ISO 6400 you have to put the GH4 away.     The A7S is just getting started!

I think it will be a wonderful camera for stage photography (both stills and video).

Over Iso 6400??...I think maybe Iso 800…1600 with massive neat video….Unless I missed some major setting in cam?…don't own camera, but have seen many tests/shorts…Please let me know if you've found the magic recipe for iso 6400…thanks.

Over Iso 6400??...I think maybe Iso 800…1600 with massive neat video….Unless I missed some major setting in cam?…don't own camera, but have seen many tests/shorts…Please let me know if you've found the magic recipe for iso 6400…thanks.

I don't own it either but it CAN be used at ISO 6400.    If it is good enough or someone wants to use that it is up to them but it can not go over that.

That is one of the things I don't like about the GX7.    It is restricted to a maximum of ISO 3200 for video and I often use 6400 (with a regular A7).       The GX7 video might be a bit better quality wise but it is so much easier with the A7 for a video novice like me.     And having things like a mic and headphones input as well as using any ISO and having decent auto ISO too.    

The A7S with better video than the A7 should be better for me to record songs.     I like to just find a spot that I can see all the band and turn it on and let it run. On a tripod or table.    Let the band do the movement.

• 1 month later...