An astounding Sony A7S low light test by Philip Bloom

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

But: rolling shutter.  Nope, can't use this camera for anything, sorry.   :rolleyes:

Seriously, good job Sony, thanks for pushing the market again.

Except you know what you are saying is wrong. 5ms worse rolling shutter than the 5D Mark II does not mean you "can't use it for anything"

The creative possibilities of this camera are being put before your very eyes in a very skilful way and all you can do is moan. It's sad!

Except you know what you are saying is wrong. 5ms worse rolling shutter than the 5D Mark II does not mean you "can't use it for anything"

The creative possibilities of this camera are being put before your very eyes in a very skilful way and all you can do is moan. It's sad!

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic :p

Though very impressive technically, I actually find the footage looks quite unpleasant in how unnatural it looks.  I can't put my finger on it but I guess I dislike the look in the same way I dislike the full spectrum uv modded camera images. 

I'd have loved to see the footage graded to show how our eyes see things.  I'd really like to see some nature work done with this camera.  It seems to look over digitised with manmade light, whereas a dusk woodland scene (exposed and graded to mimic how our eyes adjust to very low light) will probably be where this camera comes into its own.

Though very impressive technically, I actually find the footage looks quite unpleasant in how unnatural it looks.  I can't put my finger on it but I guess I dislike the look in the same way I dislike the full spectrum uv modded camera images. 

I'd have loved to see the footage graded to show how our eyes see things.  I'd really like to see some nature work done with this camera.  It seems to look over digitised with manmade light, whereas a dusk woodland scene (exposed and graded to mimic how our eyes adjust to very low light) will probably be where this camera comes into its own.

I agree.  The footage is not pretty to look at, but if seeing something is better than nothing, then it has its place.

Michael