Anamorphic GH4 1.33X and 1.5x question

wilco73

Hi

I just received my GH4 and i like it. I am a Adobe PP CC editor who is looking at FCPX to experiment. 

Now i was wondering if anybody has some experience with 1.33x (SLR Magic) and 1.5x anamorphic (Iscorama) footage (4K & UHD) footage in FCPX. Do i just use the distort option in FCPX? Or are there other/better solutions? Looking for the highest resolution possible.

So if there are some experienced FCPX Anamorphic users willing to share their settings... it would be much appreciated! 

Thank you in advanced

Wilco

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi

I just received my GH4 and i like it. I am a Adobe PP CC editor who is looking at FCPX to experiment. 

Now i was wondering if anybody has some experience with 1.33x (SLR Magic) and 1.5x anamorphic (Iscorama) footage (4K & UHD) footage in FCPX. Do i just use the distort option in FCPX? Or are there other/better solutions? Looking for the highest resolution possible.

So if there are some experienced FCPX Anamorphic users willing to share their settings... it would be much appreciated! 

Thank you in advanced

Wilco

I too use FCPX with my GH4K anamorphic shooting, I use the Transform/Scale to desqueeze the footage. Adjust the "Y" axis only, for me since I use a 2x, I adjust it to 50%, I forget what it is for 1.33x and 1.55x. After that your pretty much done.

Hey Wilco,

Here's a test I shot with the GH4 + SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x. The process is very simple on FCPX. I just use thescale / distort setting and set the vertical to 75%. That might not be the accurate percentage that is necessary
but that's what looked good to me. Although 77-78% works as well. Hope that helps.

Hi

Thank you in advanced

Wilco

Hey Wilco,

Here's a test I shot with the GH4 + SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x. The process is very simple on FCPX. I just use thescale / distort setting and set the vertical to 75%. That might not be the accurate percentage that is necessary
but that's what looked good to me. Although 77-78% works as well. Hope that helps.

Thanks! Great video BTW!