Canon DSLR Anamorphic Lens Help

Bighead255

Hello everyone

I'm wanting to film a short Sci-Fi film for one of my Uni projects and I'm wanting to use an Anamorphic lens to get a more cinematic feel. I'll be using Canon DSLR's, in particular, the 60D, 7D and maybe a 5D if I can get my hands on one. But until now, I've had no experience whatsoever with using, buying etc. an Anamorphic DSLR lens. I've been looking at what Vid-Atlantic with their Anamorph Filters, but from what I can gather, that doesn't give a true Anamorphic look to the film. Another issue I'm worried about is learning how to properly use an anamorphic lens as when I've watched various videos of people using them, there's vignetting and focussing issues. Can anyone steer me in the right direction on what I should do/buy?

Thanks for all your help

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hello everyone

I'm wanting to film a short Sci-Fi film for one of my Uni projects and I'm wanting to use an Anamorphic lens to get a more cinematic feel. I'll be using Canon DSLR's, in particular, the 60D, 7D and maybe a 5D if I can get my hands on one. But until now, I've had no experience whatsoever with using, buying etc. an Anamorphic DSLR lens. I've been looking at what Vid-Atlantic with their Anamorph Filters, but from what I can gather, that doesn't give a true Anamorphic look to the film. Another issue I'm worried about is learning how to properly use an anamorphic lens as when I've watched various videos of people using them, there's vignetting and focussing issues. Can anyone steer me in the right direction on what I should do/buy?

Thanks for all your help

http://www.eoshd.com/anamorphic-guide

I wish you real success with your program and look forward to seeing your upcoming work regardless of what equipment you decide upon. All of my research and input from the EOSHD members led me to the SLR Anamorphot. I really can't say enough good things about this lens. It's a clean image and focusing is thoughtless. Andrew's book is a must have and will save you a lot of time. Sean Maxwell's input and instructional video is really something to consider as well considering his commercial experience. Good luck to you.