Guess the camera: FS700|GH4|A7S

jcs

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

At first glance I would have said A7s because of this shallow depth of field on a relatively wide lens, but a few seconds in I noticed that there is blur added in post, is that so? 

It could be any large sensor camera in the world (from 550D to Alexa) and they would all produce very similar result especially for this specific scene and especially when viewed on YT 

But for kicks I say A7, for the DR. 

Anyway beautiful image and subject. 

Doesn't make sense to me; that is, blur doesn't seem to be from lens but in post.  When she's walking, a doorway far behind her in focus, which wouldn't make sense if blur/focus is all optical.  Or maybe an optical filter for blur?  

In any case, should be a shot any of those cameras can do.

iPhone with blur filter?

The Depth of Field is enormous. From the front to the back of the hallway everything is in focus... the blur on the sides looks artificial, ugly imo. Could be a tilt lens, but looks more like a fake blur instead of bokeh - correct me if I'm wrong though.

This was shot on the GH4 at 60p (VFR mode), Natural profile, 12mm (Panasonic 12-35 F2.8, IIRC stopped down a bit to try to make sure model was in focus as we moved), a gen 1 77mm Fader ND with step down ring, and a Flycam Nano DSLR steadicam.

This shoot was planned for the A7S after the shipping notice last Tuesday, however the shipment never made it out of the B&H warehouse (some folks got theirs early).

I used the new masking features of Premiere Pro CC to bring the sky down to blue and to apply creative lighting and blur to the shot. As some pointed out, I'd need to do more time-consuming variable blur to better simulate camera blur (including roto-like masking of the model and the background).

I also applied Neat Video, then added uniform noise everywhere but the actress: after uploading to youtube there was banding in the shadows (the added noise helped reduce it).

Thanks for the compliments and feedback!

The actress really nailed the attitude in her facial expressions and walk.  perfect for slow mo.   Nice work jcs. 

Yeah, that's totally more important than the blur, or whatever else we were nitpicking. Although what do you expect from nerds: a beautiful woman is walking around in slow motion and we are stressing over DOF, DR and blur :lol: (at least I was).