Gamma shift/switch once recording & any GH2 option parts continued

dreams2movies

Hey still learning my GH2, my first HDSLR.. just left the pro consumer camcorder world..

Has anyone noticed the gamma shift once record button is pressed and it seems like the color temp is warmer and ruff than what is first viewed when not recording... any comments about this...

also will Panasonic make any underwater housings for the GH2 for underwater filming.?? Is Panasonic still making option parts for the GH2...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Assumed you left the appearance of the viewer/display on default values, you more or less get what you see only during recording. The live-view in between is just a preview. This is particularly puzzling with the EX-tele mode, which looks grainy and rainy before, but instantly turns brilliant once you hit record. Tip: Learn to estimate the difference, hope for an improvement with the GH3, use EX-tele a lot.

• 2 months later...
Thanks, preview on screen (not using Tele mode) looks so fine and subtle, (At night) before recording and then color temp shifts slightly as well as noise and grain..

But i'm used to it now.. I love my GH2.. Probably won't get the GH3, I haven't seen any significant difference in its specs from 43 rumors..
I do like the weather sealed body, zoom rocker on body, Headphone jack, Thats It..

Yeah i love mine too. If you haven't hacked it yet, wait till you do and you point it at a tree line. Then you come to appreciate this little 800$ bad boy a little more:).

As far as the gamma shift, Axel's right. This has been one of the most frequently ask questions on forums regarding the gh2 and nobody really has a solution. I've heard "hit record, and then expose... Then delete it....then record your take.". -which sadly i do, lol, noob. But if a situation rises where you're doing another patch test on your flower garden, and a hundred blackhawk helicopters decide to do a fly by 20 feet over your house, it's a bitch at that point, lol.

Yeah i love mine too. If you haven't hacked it yet, wait till you do and you point it at a tree line. Then you come to appreciate this little 800$ bad boy a little more:).

As far as the gamma shift, Axel's right. This has been one of the most frequently ask questions on forums regarding the gh2 and nobody really has a solution. I've heard "hit record, and then expose... Then delete it....then record your take.". -which sadly i do, lol, noob. But if a situation rises where you're doing another patch test on your flower garden, and a hundred blackhawk helicopters decide to do a fly by 20 feet over your house, it's a bitch at that point, lol.