for sale - Vintage ZOOM Angenieux Paris 8-64mm F/1,9 for MFT & BMPC

Mario Gorlas

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Very short question: Since it apparantly didn't vignette at the Lumix (crop factor 2, you wrote it is effectively a 16-128, even w/o EX-Tele), it shouldn't vignette with the BMPCC (crop factor 2,8). Is that correct?

EDIT: And what about vignettes with the Canon zoom? Can you tell me how I can power the motor?

Very interested indeed.

crop factor 2...it shouldn't vignette

I don't own the lens but it would be impossible for a lens that doesn't vignette with a 2x crop sensor to vignette on a 2.8x crop sensor.

If you're having a bit of trouble understanding the math behind the "cropped" sensor concepts, try to study up a bit with on line tutorials.  Knowing this information will help you make better used lens purchases.  

C-mount stuff can be all over the place regarding how much area a lens covers.

@fuzzynormal

Yeah, I did study all the pages of compatibility lists, and I did buy a vignetting c-mount at Ebay before (very cheap though), it was a misleading description of Mario Gorlas in Ebay that made me ask, I translate: "On MFT it has a focal range of 16mm- 128 mm, and with the internal EX-Tele mode even further" - Also, he tagged the article expressively as "for MFT and BMPC".

I was actually looking for a modified Kowa 8mm, which is hard to find and anyway more expensive than this 8mm Angenieux. However, Mario Gorlas answered via Ebay and confirmed that it was only usable with the Lumix' tele crop.

As Patrick wrote: Too good to be true.

Found another zoom (not that wide, unfortunately), but won't tell details for fear I might attract concurring bidders.

Good morning volks,

every c-mount lens is heavy vignetting on MFT without the intern tele ex, only with the intern tele ex there is a little mini vignetting at the right lower corner from 8-13mm, from 14-64mm you don't noticed any vignetting, in the most normal situations! For cmount on BMPCC see this link and the first example pic

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

The power supply for the servo zoom of the Canon is 12 volt, there is an ready to plug item on ebay germany for example. The Canon has no vignetting on the GH2 with the intern tele ex!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/360859347000?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

greetings :)

I need to be rude here - Mario Gorlas, please remove or change your Ebay ad ASAP. It is highly misleading and could be interpreted as fraudulent in its current wording.

The Angenieux 8-64mm is a Super 8 camera lens. It covers less than 20% of a Super 16 sensor and less than 10% of a Micro Four Thirds sensor.

This is lens is absolutely unfit for the advertised purposes.

I need to be rude here - Mario Gorlas, please remove or change your Ebay ad ASAP. It is highly misleading and could be interpreted as fraudulent in its current wording.

The Angenieux 8-64mm is a Super 8 camera lens. It covers less than 20% of a Super 16 sensor and less than 10% of a Micro Four Thirds sensor.

This is lens is absolutely unfit for the advertised purposes.

Excuse me, i don't want to cheat anyone and if you don`t believe my words please see this youtube video i made for a few minutes with my cellphone. And no, it's not a trick (and not a sony ;)) with the GH2 and the intern tele ex there is only a little mini vignett in the lower right corner, in the most filming situations. I was working with this lens for minimum 100 times.